New dashboard issue

It seems I missed the thread while I’ve been dealing with a move regarding this new dashboard. Everything looks fine except the info when hovering over items. It used to show the onyomi and kunyomi now it’s a message saying when it will be reviewed again. Is there any way to turn this off. This really isn’t anywhere near as useful as showing the readings. I get that it was implemented to help new users but I’m far from a new user and it’s not necessary. Like I said, I’m aware the discussion thread is over so I’m asking is there a way to turn back on the onyomi and kunyomi message instead of this one?

2 Likes

I’d just use rikaichamp to get the readings. I’m not a fan of those overly long messages, either.

1 Like

To be honest, they did well in removing the readings. It was only spoiling things.

4 Likes

Spoiling things? What?

Easy access to the answers of recently learned items. Otherwise, what’s the point in checking the readings after all?

1 Like

Showing the onyomi and kunyomi was also a way to quickly review the kanji and radicals. I am missing this.

1 Like

I don’t think that spoiled anything for me. Like I said it was useful.

As it is now, do you really need to know when the next review is coming up on an item? Obviously it’s to quell the new first levelers screaming about when they can continue but aside from those specific cases, which could be solved with a splash screen at sign up, what’s the point?

I think the point is that it helped break SRS. You’re suppose to wait a few days for next review, but you keep peeking. So when review does come around, of course you remember, you just looked at it very recently. It’s in your short term memory, which isn’t what you’re suppose to be testing.

7 Likes

The dashboard progress plus was updated to match the new update, so you can go into settings and have the meanings/readings and all that shown:) [Userscript] Dashboard Progress Plus

4 Likes

I personally liked to use it to quickly quiz myself right after I learned new kanji. Sometimes 4 hours is too long to wait after learning a particularly challenging new kanji. I get how it could be used to “cheat” though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.