My Journey of 368 days (+ The Ultimate Guide for WK 📖 )

Guess this doesn’t apply anymore then? :grin:

It does sound like a good problem :grin: Hey, I’m just happy that this guide helped you clear some stuff up and that’s helping you move forward and become conversational, like you wish to :slight_smile: Let me know if I can help you in any other way :v:

Also, I apologize for taking some time to reply back. Things have been quite hectic lately.

Heeey! First of all, I’m so sorry that I’ve taken this long to reply back =/

I will update it as soon as I have time. I’m actually thinking of writing a new section on the Guide related to managing intensity so that one does not burn out. I’ll probably do both at the same time if you don’t mind :slight_smile:

I usually only care about the 4h and the 8h intervals. Those are really the most important ones in terms of memory consolidation and to allow you to build that sweet 12h/24h schedule I described in my guide :slight_smile: I don’t really use a alarm clock, but when I do lessons, I do check the time I’m doing them. For example, if I did 10 lessons between 09:20am and 09:45am, I’ll know that the clock will round those reviews to 9am and now I just need to add 4h to it (1pm). Another (maybe easier) way to check the time those reviews will come is by using the Ultimate Timeline. The Apprentice items will show up in the Timeline as pink. You’ll easily be able to identify those that correspond to the lessons of that day :slight_smile:

Don’t overthink it. Are you available and willing to do them? Then by all means, go for it. No need to wait for a bunch of 50+ reviews to accumulate. Eventually, experience will help you manage your reviews better, but for now follow your instinct :slight_smile:

For the reviews that correspond to the items learned that day, I try to follow the 4/8h intervals, yes. That doesn’t mean that not following them once in a while will hurt you. Not at all :slight_smile: I sometimes do 5h for the 1st and 10h for the 2nd one because I’m focused on other things.

Those splits I mentioned in my Guide are exclusively for vocabulary lessons. The goal is so that you don’t overdo in one day (too much new knowledge in 1 day reduces retention), but also that you’re able to do all the work WK makes available for you in time (no leaving content from previous levels behind).

So:

This is how you should think :slight_smile: Available lessons/days left to new unlocking of items (by leveling up/by guruing the radicals).

Vocab should be reviewed whenever it’s available/you’re free. The most important items to review are those which SRS intervals are the 4 and 8h, of course.

Hope that helped you :grin:

I’ll take that into consideration. As always, super useful. Thanks :grin::v::heart:

3 Likes