My 旅路 to Zero Reviews (DONE)

I think even if it takes a couple minutes to really work through what the review is, it’s really cementing it into your brain that way. If you barely remember it anymore but still manage to eventually recall it, I feel like it burrows deeper into my monkey brain. Then if I’m still slow the next time round I obviously need to spend some time really looking at the mnemonics.

I’m not sure which way is best, but that’s my take on it!

3 Likes

you’re almost halfway there though!

2 Likes

Maybe not minutes, but if I have to stop and think about something for 10+ seconds (which is a eternity in review-time) and then finally figure it out without looking at the answer? That feels really satisfying and I think it helps with the learning.

The ones I worry about are the ones where I take a wild guess and it’s correct. “こう?しょう?そく?Oh hey I got it right! Next!”

1 Like

@evethemighty

I was feeling the same way for most of my WK time but since I’ve started reading more and more I got to the point where I just didn’t have the patience anymore to sit there and ponder what this one word means while I still have thousands more to read.

That’s why I’m going rapid-fire on my reviews, because I want to know all that vocabulary right the second I read it.

Oh and keep the cats coming. :smile:

@kimera

Yes, I know what you mean but roughly 60% of my reviews are burn reviews, so if I still don’t easily arrive at the answer, then IMO I have no business burning the review. I’ve had it before where I came upon words that I didn’t know and realized, they’re on WK and even worse, I burned them.

Also, if you have to guess, mark the answer wrong (even if you guessed correctly). This makes things a bit more difficult of course but IMO you want to know your Japanese and if you have to guess, then you don’t know it.

2 Likes

That’s a good point! (The goal is to learn Japanese, not to win the WaniKani game.) Most of my reviews are lower rank right now so they’ll come back again even if I guess right, but I might start hitting x or ん if I’m not sure, and pushing them back down the mountain.

1 Like

@Liras Instead of linking to profiles, just use the @ sign immediately followed with no spaces…

@evethemighty
@kimera

2 Likes

@UInt2048 Yeah, that works too, thanks. :slight_smile:

Anyways, day 6.

1 Like

Things are getting easier.

377, you’ve passed the halfway mark!

kitten_on_a_stair

2 Likes

Day 8. I think I’ll do some more later.

Edit: Yeah, did some more reviews.

1 Like

Not many left now

4 Likes

Well, i admire you! I couldn’t do it and started from the beginning…

2 Likes

And put a wrong screenshot here :rofl::rofl::rofl::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I know that feeling, I’ve reset my level so often in the past three years that I’d have probably been trough WK twice by now. I couldn’t go back to level 1 again, I just had to tough it out.

Anyways, here’s my update for day 9.

Here are some really annoying mistakes, like I mixed up 針金 with 引き金 and rendakued 傘立て even though there’s nothing to rendaku there. Among others I missed some easy burns. :face_with_monocle:

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:
Ganbatte!

2 Likes

Day 10, so close to the finish line!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Day 11, I did it! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congrats! Party time! :tada:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.