Matsumoto Hitoshi's 遺書

Does anybody think it’s at all likely that Matsumoto-san’s 遺書 is ever going to be available in the USA? I want to eventually get my hands on a copy as a sample reader when I get advanced enough in the language, but no copies are available on Amazon.com.

I don’t think it will ever be available on amazon.com, but it is available on amazon.co.jp
Just buy it there. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Second this. Buying from Amazon Japan is really easy. Can also be done entirely in English as well.

1 Like

I didn’t know that it was possible to order on the Japanese version; I used to have an account on the German version, but never could buy anything.

2 Likes

I have no experience with the German version of the site, but I’ve experience no issue whatsoever with the Japanese and US ones (while I was living in neither of those countries). Also, people here buy things off the Japanese version on a regular basis (just have a look at all the book clubs…)
The only issue: shipping fees will find you and kill you. They know where you live… :crazy_face:

3 Likes

The Global Priority shipping only takes a few days though. I purchased 2 books on the 16th and got them on the 20th. The shipping was $12.48.

1 Like

Yeowch. To be perfectly honest, I’m poor, dealing with a limited income. I’m not even going to be able to get past Level 3 here on Wanikani. So I think I’ll just have to stick to wishful thinking.

Maybe check something like Bookwalker for an ebook version?

1 Like

Do you live in the US? I added it to my cart and clicked “proceed to checkout” to check the price (it’s given in US dollars) and it says the grand total will be $18.53. It should arrive by October 1 if I were to click “order”.

Yeah; I live in California.

Well, just for future reference, you can get used books too but it isn’t always worth it because sometimes that shipping costs even more and it could take 2 months to arrive. Not all of them ship internationally, either, but store names often put “international shipping” in their store name if they do. And not even all books/cds actually sold by amazon will ship internationally either. It says “This item does not ship to your selected location.” right on the page if it won’t. But most things I’ve wanted (and the book you asked about) do ship to the US. And now you know how to use amazon.co.jp.

I was right; wishful thinking is all that will work for me. Game over.

Thanks, anyway, everyone; I appreciate the input.

I’d rather have a handheld copy.

Where in California? Because Kinokuniya is an option - there’s four branches in your state. Unfortunately, I can’t tell whether or not they’ve got the book, because the online shop is down for maintenance. The Australian Kinokuniya has it, though.

1 Like

I’ve been to the San Jose location, so I’m familiar with the chain; thanks for bringing it up, though, because I always thought it was cool. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And, yeah, I did check there, and saw that the site’s temporarily down for maintenance.

1 Like

I can’t believe it–I actually managed to find a copy on the US Amazon. Tomorrow is payday, so I’m going to splurge.

3 Likes

Yeah, I searched yesterday and found multiple used copies. In case anyone else is interested there are 13 used and 7 new copies to be grabbed here:

Most of those would definitely be cheaper than buying from Amazon JP with its shipping costs.