Master List of Book Clubs

I added them and made a stab at the difficulty.

We’ve got a lot of clubs starting up in January!

4 Likes

I added our Doki Doki Literature Club Game Club to the Miscellaneous/scheduled section, even though it’s a game/visual novel, which i marked it as, i hope that’s ok. It’s almost entirely reading anyways, and it makes you write poems ^^

7 Likes

@kitsunensei Is the Ao Haru Ride book club actually scheduled?

its 1 volume/month, does that count? I decided not to make a weekly schedule to make it more lenient

Sure, that’s fine. I just wanted to make sure.

Added the DanMachi book club to Miscellaneous scheduled.

6 Likes

I changed the “Miscellaneous Book Clubs (scheduled)” section to be a table since it has more information than the other sections. It’s a bit inconsistent with the other sections, but it still looks a bit cleaner to me. What does everyone think of this format?

3 Likes

Looks great! Could you add the クレヨンしんちゃん Book Club? I imagine the difficulty level is ‘Beginner’.

1 Like

The first post is a wiki, so feel free to add it. :slight_smile: Just make sure to read the editing instructions and add the book to the correct place in the list.

3 Likes

We now have an NHK Easy News reading group. Where should we put that in the Master List?

2 Likes

News isn’t really a “book”, but if you really want to include it in the master list just put it in the miscellaneous section.

2 Likes

Nice one, thank you!

I’m a bit late, but why is DanMachi entered as advanced? It is a simpler read than 獣の奏者, and has a slower pace, yet 獣の奏者 is recorded as intermediate. I think DanMachi should be put down at the same level but may be missing something? :thinking:

People who create their own book club indicate the difficulty. I don’t do anything for that. You’re welcome to talk to whoever added it or change it yourself if you want.

1 Like

But… that’s literally what I am doing? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

sigh

I am watching this thread so I got a notification saying you replied to me. Didn’t notice the reply icon. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

You have read re:zero(which is marked as advanced), is it not of a similar difficulty level? If not then I guess should move it. Im a fairly new reader so one reason I marked it as advanced was considering it has many kanji outside of wanikani every page.

1 Like

@JenK Was this unpinned from the #japanese-language:reading section on purpose? Looks like this might be the second topic to mysteriously be unpinned recently.

2 Likes

Re:zero is fairly similar in difficulty (just a little bit more difficult). However, we are reading much faster (45+ pages a week), which justifies the grading.

1 Like

My opinion differs on the criteria of grading. You include speed in the criteria but I believe the grading is based purely on the difficulty of the book, regardless of the speed. Which is why I think it is reasonably placed in advanced.

Edit: Since you say 獣の奏者 is more difficult, maybe they should move it to advanced. Does it really matter though?

1 Like