Making Progress on the Dashboard, Take 2

@oldbonsai,

(Hopefully not already asked above…)
What does an individual item’s progress bar display if the item reached Guru but then dropped back to Apprentice?

In the current version of my script, I had to add a check mark to indicate the “passed” status separately. I’m wondering if I need to keep that for the new dashboard.

3 Likes

It continues to show the full bar. We talked about it, and focused in on showing progress towards leveling up versus the "more accurate but less useful in that context” of showing that it had passed but dropped back down.

4 Likes

I love everything about this update, with the exception of the kanji font. It’s really hard to read, imo, with the lines so thick!

The thinner font for kanji under ‘new unlocks’ / ‘critical condition’ looks great.

2 Likes

Makes sense, but what about doing something like adding a gold dot in the upper right corner of the icon to indicate the achievement? Filling the dashboard with “golden coins” as a metaphor for progress strikes me as something people would find motivating.

1 Like

I really love this dashboard update - just one thing that would be helpful. When hovering over a kanji, instead of saying ‘next review in 22 hours,’ saying ‘tomorrow at 6:00 am’ instead. This gives me a bit clearer of an idea of where I’m at and when I should plan on reviews.

2 Likes

A good idea in theory, provided you stay in the same time zone. If you see “next review tomorrow at 6 am” and then fly from New York to Tokyo, then it’s not going to be at 6 am tomorrow.

Pretty sure most people will stay at a single timezone, traveling from one timezone to another is an exception.

3 Likes

There is a script for this

Just because it’s an exception doesn’t mean this problem should be ignored.

True, but it is a rare case, not something that should define how the service works. The time would update anyway when you change your timezone so it is not really a problem.

1 Like

I really love this new design! With just a glance I can see how I’m doing on the level, and identify which kanji I might be struggling with. So much info, within such a small space :slight_smile:

So the time has come… :eyes:

2 Likes

Is it possible to see a percent completion as well as number of kanji completed? Even if it just showed when we hover over the progress bar.

Excellent! Just the information I needed to become even more obsessive about levelling up.

1 Like

:sparkles: LOVE IT :sparkles: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Great job WK team!!! :partying_face:

1 Like

Much better than the first remake

I think the completed item should be removed or show a different color. Because this view is so rude. When I completed a new item (to Guru) I want to finish view or Strikethrough (l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶).

I use this userscript, so for me it is very apparent.

2 Likes

3 Likes

It looks ugly. Maybe we can move to progress bar of completed item.