Luminaries

Level 57, almost there :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Quarantine killed my motivation to study and I fell way behind. I wound up doing the nuclear option and starting over. I’m finally back up to level four and am working my way to level five. The first thing I’m impressed with is how easy it was to remember a lot of the words I had already burned or mastered. It shows that this method clearly works considering even after six months of no Japanese I was able to get back into it and feel right at home. Starting over sucks, I will no longer be making it to 60 by the designated event. A better goal for me I think is to get back to where I left off.

8 Likes

I give up. I can’t do this in a covid world. Focusing on communication skills is so much more important now. I don’t care about kanji anymore with the prolonged social isolation and masking and not seeing people. I just want a language I can speak with the people around me.

I think I’ll just limp to level 30, pitch my tent on the mountainside, and enjoy the eclipse watching through the trees. I’ve got enough to review as it is. Enjoy the summit everyone who makes it to the top.

3 Likes

I just joined this!
Level 60 before the next total lunar eclipse! Let’s goooo! I chose Team 金星😆
(sorry but what’s the team for?)

3 Likes

I mostly lurk, but I’ve been watching you and mostly working near the same pace. You’re not alone! I finally also admitted to myself that it’s okay for the goal to change. A much more reasonable 2 week per level pace puts me right on time for level 60 for the Skytree 2022 goal thread with lots of squish.

It’s also been a lot more fun to switch over to more reading/conversation practice. That’s what we need in pandemic, and what will keep us going in the long run.

頑張りましょう!

2 Likes

What’s the team not for? It’s for fun as @MegaZeroX put it in the Olympians XXXII:

2 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement. I came out of the gate with so much motivation and energy and was able to hit consistent 7-day levels. I honestly believe I could have made it all the way, but being trapped overseas during all of this is too much. Nah, conversation skills are the priority now.

1 Like

Level 21, the beginning of the Death levels!

parks and rec chris I'm dead

3 Likes

Hello! New member of the team 水星 here, clearly since I just like the look of kanji for water!
Looking forward to improving myself along with other people here.

I used to study Japanese for a year, 9 years ago. I still retain basic things like hiragana/katakana and some very basic grammar. Very happy to have found Wanikani, I see their system and I immediately felt it was right for me!

Hopefully I can reach lv 30 before end of May 2021. It will be hard, but I will take on this challenge gladly!

ps. I’m lv2, but the community badge/profile still says lv1? Maybe it’s delayed? Dunno, I’m new lol.

4 Likes

It’s updated now, but yeah, sometimes the forums can lag a bit behind. The fastest way to force it to update is to log out of the forums and back in again.

1 Like

Looks like it took 22-23hr to update, but good to know haha.

Level 59…so close…

8 Likes

Good luck~ :))

1 Like

Thank you~ I’ll do my best.

c61

You’re really going up through the levels as well, I remember you joining and it seems like all of a sudden you’re in the 40’s.

1 Like

Wow, just wow!

1 Like

I finally made it, level 60! First one from team 木星 as well.

tumblr_mljsvfAvzG1sna5xjo1_500

17 Likes

Hi! I decided to join my first goal thread to help me have a set goal to become my motivation for studying (besides having to make my WK subscription worth it :roll_eyes:). I decided to join team 金星 because V in Venus is the first letter of my name. I set a reasonable goal for me to reach with my pace now after doing some quick maths, and I might increase my goal as the time goes by, so for now I hope I can reach the goal I’ve set!

WaniKani has been awesome so far and the community is one of the best I’ve encountered on the internet, and this thread is really a proof of that :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome to the Luminaries

Best of luck with reaching your goal :blush:

2 Likes

This sounds interesting, count me in! I’d like to join team 地球 because it’s Home Sweet Home~

My goal is to be at least level 25 by the lunar eclipse. Thanks for the encouragement!

8 Likes

Sounds like a reasonable goal! Good luck!

1 Like