Level-up emails

Try signing out and back in again

Try switching off and on this button. It’s in the account settings. Should do the trick :slight_smile:

It worked! Now I have inspiration again!

2 Likes

For me, the level 2 email was different than the one in the top post, here it is:

Email level 2

Hi CvxFous!

Nice job getting through Level 1! Thanks to your hard work, here you are sitting at Level 2! 🎉

480x300

Just keep doing what you’re doing. Focus on the processes, not the results. That is, do your reviews regularly and without fail!

You probably noticed a couple things along with your level-up.

1. You have a lot of Vocab Lessons (unless you already did them. If so, great job!).
  2. You also have some Level 2 radicals and kanji Lessons.

As you progress through WaniKani, it’s going become important for you to manage your Lessons pile a little bit. How fast you progress depends on how fast you complete your Lessons, because until you do them, those items won’t show up in your Reviews. And, reviewing the radicals, kanji, and vocabulary correctly a certain number of times is what unlocks more Lessons and eventually the next Level (you’re Level 2, you know that already!).

How fast should you go through Lessons? That comes down to you. Just remember, those Lessons will all become future Reviews, so make sure you’re prepared to do them later on. Since you’re Level 2, my guess is you’ll be able to clear your Lessons now or over the next few days. Lesson management isn’t so important for you, not yet…

For now, just worry about doing the hard work. Sit down, do your Lessons, do your Reviews, and do it every day over the next week or so. WaniKani only gets more interesting as you gain more knowledge (and eventually apply it). I’m really looking forward to seeing you make progress!

Love,
Koichi

And now a message from a level 60 user:

Ooh, I was angry at level 1. So many radicals with weird names! So slow! What—even more funny named radicals in 2?! Agh, why. I just powered through them and stopped minding their existence by the time I got to level 10. Then everything became fun, and I was smashing through levels and enjoying every minute of learning something new.

— metokki

1 Like

They must have changed it up I guess.

I guess so, I’ll keep updating this post whenever I find something different so that @rfindley can update their top post (if they want to)

You can if you want, for archiving purposed for example.

This thread happened because there was a puzzle game in the forum and secret messages could be found in the level up mails. I wasn’t around back then, so maybe someone else can explain better. That “game” is no longer in play btw.

2 Likes

This puzzle. It kinda ended with a fizzle, which is a bit sad.

Basically, if you view the e-mail’s source (most e-mail clients have a “view raw message” button or similar hidden somewhere), there’s two commented-out lines hidden - each of the sixty level-up emails has a unique pair of lines. Putting the line pairs in the right order (i.e. such that the first letter of the first line of each pair matches the first letter of the second line of the previous pair) yields a story.

The real trick is that reading every odd-numbered initial letter yields a phrase - running every other letter through a Vigenere cipher using the first phrase as the decoder key yielded a question, the answer of which was the password for that puzzle.

2 Likes

Anyone experiencing that the level up emails drag?
I just levelled up to 12 and got the email “welcome to level 11!”

1 Like

I found the solution (or workaround I would say) in this post: Level Up Emails Behind One Level

Seems you have to go into Wanikani settings and unsubscribe to to mailing list, and then subscribe again.

I never got the level 3 email, i didn’t know about the stickers :cry:

Received the Level 17 email upon completing Level 17, lol.

It’s a common problem. I didn’t receive it either. However, you can email WK at hello@wanikani.com and say that you didn’t receive that email and that you would like to receive the stickers (give your address). They’ll take care of it asap :slight_smile: I only asked for them around level 9 (and some people only ask for them at level 60), so it’s fine :v:

It’s actually hello@wanikani.com

Good to know, since I kind of want my stickers now!

1 Like

Oh damn, I mixed them up… thanks for noticing!

1 Like

Tried every suggestion i came upon in this thread, yet never received a single levelup email.
Coming up on level 18 any day now, anyone has another idea? :C

I miss when I used to get level up emails…

We recently made a fix to our level-up emails so you should be getting the level email at the right time…but if not, please send us a quick email about when you received your last email and at what level so we can dig further in to your account! @raesh @timfreilly

1 Like

That was a false alarm on my part. :smiley: I hit level 60 six months ago so I wouldn’t expect to get a level up emails anymore.

2 Likes

Welcome back to the forums!