Level 60 - A Wonderful Journey

I can’t believe that I’ve reached the last level! WaniKani has become such a constant, enjoyable and challenging part of my daily routine that I’m starting to miss the reviews and lessons as they have started to decline. I’ve truly felt myself grow over the course of the levels, both in Japanese and my own willpower to stick to things.

Hopefully, if the travel bans are lifted, I’ll be moving to Japan in the next few months. So what a great time to get this far! Now to enjoy the burns while they last…

頑張ってください!

45 Likes

Hurray ! well done :slight_smile: nice speed as well !

fingers crossed for the travel ban lifting :shinto_shrine:

4 Likes

Congratulations!

4 Likes

Congrats!
How long did it take you to finish wk from start to finish?

4 Likes

According to one of the heatmap extensions I’ve been using, it took me 543 days! I started using WK in September 2019 (I remember as it was the month after I got back from a conference trip in Japan!).

I was quite focused at times on blasting through the levels, but as you can see there were a few levels where I held back a bit to let the reviews die down.

Good luck on your journey! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

congratulations, and also welcome! :smiley:

that’s a decent speed to get through WK, and sounds like you’ve had excellent motivation!

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m now on level 6 and amount of reviews and lessons feel a bit overwhelming :sweat_smile:

Is it because first 11 levels are the hardest ones? (On the graph average time for the first 11 levels is about 10 days)

3 Likes

Congratulations,Vespa! Hope you get to move to Japan soon!

3 Likes

おめでとうございます @Vespa さん。

Fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:
I’m really really really jealous, I doubt I will be able to move there for at least another 10 years. :frowning_face:
But joking aside I really am happy for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think for me it was just about settling into a rhythm. I was unfortunately lucky in that as soon as it started to “click” for me (around level 14-15 or so), my country went into lockdown until the summer. So, for those months, WaniKani was really helpful in helping me stick to a routine! That explains the long-stretch in the middle when I was very consistent.

3 Likes

:cry: I wish…

Congratulations! Do you plan on burning every last item?

Also, I’m sure newbies ask this a lot, but what is the name of the add-on that gives you that wonderful bar graph?

1 Like

If i’m not mistaken, it’s a site called wkstats. If you use your API key it will give you some info and make that lovely graph.

2 Likes

That’s my plan right now! I may as well burn everything as a nice little send-off! :smiley:

@PaleDragon , thanks! I had been exploring wkstats, but I just realized that the reason why I didn’t recognize the graph is because I’m so early on, haha

@Vespa , wonderful to hear! Btw, I recently saw a post about https://koohi.cafe/ Might be something you’d be interested now that you’ve reached the final level!

Congrats on making it to lv 60! :partying_face: :tada:

You’ve deserved this cake! :motor_scooter: :birthday:

index

I wish you the best of luck moving to Japan! ^>^

2 Likes

noice broski, noice!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.