Level 43 can be completed in 3d8h?

Only 29 kanji required for the level up, 3 radicals…

Is this the first level like this? Does the end go really fast?

im scared

1 Like

There are a few levels with the same amount of (or even 1 less) kanji in the level spread out among them. Small amounts of radicals seem to be the norm even from level 13 on. I found that level 54 has no radicals at all even. If you’re curious you can always click the “Levels” nav button and select a level to look at to see what’s in it.

1 Like

Level 43 is the first of the “fast levels.” These levels have enough kanji unlocked at the start, that they can be completed in ~3.5 days. Most levels from 43 to 60 are fast levels: 43, 44, 46, 47,and 49-60. The catch is that it’s a sudden death situation: any kanji you get wrong will set your level up time back.

4 Likes

Yes, and only if you want it to go quickly.

Btw, massive tip only go fast if you know you can handle it. PLEASE, this is for your sake, your sanity, your love of learning, everything. It’s very easy to get caught up in these levels and start accidentally building a review pile.

2 Likes

Thank you for the word of caution! I’ve been doing levels in around 8 days so I was expecting the rest of the 60 grind to take 5 months. The fact that I could potentially be done in half that time is super exciting!

1 Like

yes.

Current fast levels can be calculated with this script:

Currently, the fast levels on Wanikani are: 43, 44, 46, 47, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60

You might wanna check out the two subforum threads I’ve made both in Paradise and Reality and particularly the polls about what people have chosen to do with the possibility of going fast toward the end. It’s pretty interesting reading! :eyes:

I can currently only link to one of them: https://community.wanikani.com/t/paradise-天国-2020-2021/47286/9?u=ekg

Some go as fast as possible. Others slow down. Again, others just keep doing their usual pace, ignoring the new possibility of going faster. This is in fact the most popular choice it seems for those that participated in the poll. :slight_smile: or to just be inconsistent about it. Slowing up and the going faster again. ^^

1 Like

Here’s my own log from when I speed through the fast levels on my first time through. At the peak, I was spending over two hours per day on average.