Level 21 before 2021!

Yes, it is.

I think its an epic anime, but it depends upon your taste. If you try with the earlier parts its hard to get into, but after the first 2 parts its surely much more enjoyable.

Also, its probably the most accurately titled anime(“bizzare adventures”). The popularity of this anime comes from how bizzare it is, yet at the same time being an epic anime.

4 Likes

Congrats Amagi san :metal:

It is and the art style freaks me out :joy: I am halfway through S1 and gave a pause. But I will complete it one day :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: For now I can scream “Hamonnnnnnnn” :wink:

4 Likes

Hope you cleared your certification exam kelth san :slightly_smiling_face: and I am glad you are back on track. You can still reach the goal, just add a word after your goal I.e. Instead of “Level 21 before 2021”, it will be “Level 21 before 2021 March” (or insert your month name here) :wink: It isn’t cheating, just tweaking your goals to match your progress :grin:

頑張ってください :raised_hands:t2:

4 Likes

Oof, I definitely fell off the wagon. Still on level 8 with no end in sight…

7 Likes

oh i had no idea! thank you for letting me know. :star:

2 Likes

Hehe, I also joined in 2018 and a very on/off experience up until lockdown started, so I hope that (like me) this is the time that you manage to stay with us for an extended period ^^

This thread is a great motivation for keeping chugging along, I’ve found.

Also this is your first post, so you’ve never had a …

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}

Even if you’ve been a member for a while, so aren’t really new hehe
welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already…
…but you probably have, because you seem like you’re diligent and awesome like that ^-^

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you…
…that you’ve likewise probably already seen, but it still worth mentiioning!

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List!
The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

I hope that you continue to enjoy WaniKani that your worship of the Crabigator is eternal!

6 Likes

Forgive me if I’m wrong or you already know this, but doesn’t Tsurukame include the option for an Undo button? I can’t check it myself as I use Flaming Durtles (Android), but I think it’s supposed to have similar functionality! It saves my life when I make those typos!!

3 Likes

No worries, Jamuko san. I am always glad to learn more.

Based on what I see, there is no undo option in Tsurukame. Here are all the options I see In the app settings:

1 Like

We all have a few levels where something doesn’t stick no matter what we do, life is overwhelming at that moment, one simply doesn’t feel motivated. As long as you stick with it, you will move forward. A step forward in the right direction :smile:

We are normal humans who make a lot of mistakes, take inexplicably stupid decisions and we learn from them. That is our strength. So, it’s okay to cut ourselves some slack when things don’t work out.

I am not saying do not be frustrated, the fact that you are frustrated means you yearn to progress and that you are making efforts to move in the right direction. I am suggesting a “reframe”.

Whenever I am in a slump, I always imagine myself as a farmer in a field (since I say to myself this is Kanji farming). Cultivation is a delicate process.

You put in too much water, crops die (too many lessons in a short time)
You do not put in enough water, crops die (too few reviews)
You need to have certain space between the seeds, otherwise all the seeds will die due to lack of nutrients (enough spacing between lessons and reviews)
You will have weeds, so need to take extra effort to remove them (leeches, need to put in extra work)

For some reason, thinking like this calms me down when I make too many mistakes. I understand that not all seeds will live (I will forget some items), I understand that some seeds grow easily (items we are familiar with or emotionally connected to), I understand some seeds will have a hard time (leeches). It is all part and parcel of the process. I prefer progress over perfection.

Sorry for the long answer, this perspective helps me. You can try this or something else that makes an emotional connection with you (maybe a sport, maybe cooking etc.). Wherever we look, we have parallels.

頑張れ birdee san :raised_hands:t2:

8 Likes

That’s correct, there is just Mark as Correct, Add Synonym, and Show Later, which I prefer.

Mark as Correct is for a typo.
Add synonym does what it says on the tin.

Show Later just shuffles it in with the others and shows it to you later, which means that if you’ve got just slightly wrong and want another chance, you’re not just getting to enter it again straight away, you actually have to see if you remember it after a few reviews of different items.

3 Likes

Joeni San,

Is there a specific version? I cannot see those options my Tsurukame. I included screenshots above.

2 Likes

You’re got the correct option ticked, so it should work for you. I haven’t got a review session current due, so can’t screenshot the options in the menu, but you should always have the My Answer Was Correct and Ask Again Later when you hit the + button. The Add Synonym one only appears for vocab, I think.

Edit: just got a review session and failed one on purpose I’m just so show you ^^

Also…

JUST HIT 16
Onwards and upwards

12 Likes

Level up!
Level 16 took me 17 days once again but at least I leveled up with having only 30 apprentice items. Some of the kanji didn’t stick but I continued ^^
Let’s see how long level 17 will take me :blush:

12 Likes

i guess ill tag in on the thread… what do i do just say i want to join?

im on level 7 as of today… i don’t know if its plausible to make 21 by the end of the year, im kind of slow. probably isn’t…

i think its taking me 2-3 weeks per level so … i guess i probably won’t make it but ill tag along anyway

7 Likes

We love a level up celebration here so feel free to post any milestones, and we’ll all cheer!

8 Likes

Level 11!

Kept within my average of 9 days, and finished a day earlier than expected! I finished Level 10 in 8 days! So excited to keep going. I’m one level closer to my goal of 21!

9 Likes

This is really beautiful, I’m going to be a Kanji farmer too!

Ps: I hope you figured out how to undo using the plus sign with tsurukame. What a game changer!

3 Likes

Leveled up again!

It took me 8 days this time, but I was always sleepy and not really keeping my scheduled review times. I did them, of course, but in big batches instead of the smaller chunks I was accustomed to.

Why? Because I was chatting it up at all times with one of my sisters and some friends, and she is in a different timezone than me so I was sleeping during the day, chatting , playing games, all night/early morning. So still feel pretty good because I never missed a day and any support I can provide to my siblings, if it’s just us goofing around online now, it’s great for me! :sparkles:

Also, my university’s first ever all virtual semester just started! We had a few virtual classes before but it’s been a big big project for the first ever university of the Americas. My neck is killing m for sitting in a subpar chair these days…

I will probably be responding to everyone soon just to celebrate each of your milestones, because, I LOVE THIS THREAD! :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

@KyokaJiro 走るはなに? (I don’t remember the actual quote :frowning_face:, the philosophical discussions of running) (But yes!)

6 Likes

Thanks a lot Joeni san :grin: I appreciate it. I tried and it worked, surprisingly I never realized there was a + sign to the left, I would look at the right answer and move on. This helps a lot.

Congrats on your sweet sixteen (Reminds me of Hillary Duff’s song)

3 Likes

Congrats esutasan :grin:

Please do intangir san :slightly_smiling_face: we are all moving at our own pace. The beauty of this community is there would always be someone in front of you clearing the obstacles in your path, Someone moving with you for company and someone behind you to gently nudge you forward in times of need :smile: We are happy to have you here intangir san :raised_hands:t2:

Please join the wiki list on the first post of this thread (if you haven’t already joined.)

Congrats Language_Lover san :metal::confetti_ball:

Thanks for your kind words tetraflu0ride san :smiley:

Yes! thanks to Joeni san’s detailed instructions, I learnt something useful and important today :pray:

Hearty congratulations Panda san :raised_hands:t2: Your persistence to adapt and achieve is admirable :slightly_smiling_face:

Good luck with your university work :crossed_fingers:

Yes, that is a beautiful question. And the beauty of questions like that is that there is no right answer, each person has their own version of strength.

My reference was the first words Haiji says to Kakeru and the last words as the final scene is shown.

I do not like/prefer commentary videos. And this is a rare exception. I love this video’s commentary on “Kaze ga tsuyoku fuiteiru”. If anyone here likes anime or wants to try, this is a wonderful anime to watch. (The below video contains spoilers for those who haven’t watched the show, so proceed carefully.)

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the commentary panda San :smiley:

4 Likes