Let's read Harry Potter from September 1st!

The furigana is there in the ebook version too, and will be repeated in later chapters as well. For example, I noticed 箒 had furigana the first time it appeared, but not the next couple times, then after a while the furigana would be there again.

3 Likes

What is it with this damn word 箒. First stumbled over it in the kiki thread than read it like 20 times in 本好き and now you tell me it is used in Harry Potter too… How the heck is this not a standard Kanji and taught here XD.

6 Likes

Well, with all those brooms flying about, it would be hard to avoid it :stuck_out_tongue:. I can’t remember actually seeing it somewhere else, it’s not even in my Japanese school’s dictionary, either, so it doesn’t come up in Minna no Nihongo’s wordlists. Maybe Japanese people use a different style of broom, with a different kanji? No, it’s pretty much just ほうき.

4 Likes

Also ふらいんぐうぃっち

5 Likes

It’s still August 31st, though…

3 Likes

Wait! I actually have this book. It’s so hard for me to read though. I think I could do it though.

1 Like

Just bought the ebook on kindle!

1 Like

Still the 30th where I am…

3 Likes

Ordering this today. UR awesome, @kurseddragon!!

1 Like

September 1st!

Here we go!

Happy reading :grin:

8 Likes

Oh my goodness, how is it going guys? I tried to read this once but even the first sentence with privet drive scared me off, hope y’all are fairing better.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Thank you for the plot “refresher”, plantron.

1 Like

That’s the movie version, though.

3 Likes

Just a fun HP thing I noticed on Audible.
All the categories + Harry Potter =P

7 Likes

The chapter 2 thread is up! ハリー・ポッターと賢者の石 - chapter 2

The chapter 3 thread is up! ハリー・ポッターと賢者の石 - chapter 3

3 Likes

The chapter 4 thread is up! ハリー・ポッターと賢者の石 - chapter 4

4 Likes

The chapter 5 thread is up!
ハリー・ポッターと賢者の石 - chapter 5

4 Likes

Chapter 6 thread up! Are you still reading?

ハリー・ポッターと賢者の石-chapter-6

4 Likes