:durtle_hello: Let's Durtle the Scenic Route 🐢

Made it to level 40! Almost two thirds of the way there!

Took just over fourteen days this time. I was actually pretty motivated over the past couple of weeks and got loads of stuff done! I’ve kept up with the read every day challenge with both Spanish and Japanese, and in fact have had by far my busiest past few weeks in terms of reading and translating. I translated four wrestling shows and one press conference over a two week period. It ended up being at least 9,000 characters one week, and then 7,000 characters the next :sweat_smile:.

Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling is currently in the middle of doing three shows in a row, which is too much for me to keep up with at my current level of Japanese skill, but I’m hoping to finish all three translations within the next week at least.

I also started working on learning Japanese phonetics/prosody/etc. I’m not going too far with this, since I’m not planning on practicing speaking anytime soon, but I wanted to establish at least a basic foundation, because I think it might help my listening ability.

I also finished lesson 35 of Minna no Nihongo, and am officially 2/5ths of the way through the second book! So still progressing pretty smoothly on that front, despite being busy with other stuff.

I think I’m going to be slightly decreasing my daily vocab lessons (going from 3 kanji + 9 vocab to 3 kanji + 8 vocab), because my lesson buffer got pretty low at the end of this last level, and also with my steadily increasing number of leeches, I think I could benefit from just slightly reducing my daily workload. If I start to get a huge backlog of lessons, I’ll readjust again.

9 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot! Very cool to see your progress.

6 Likes

46 days on level 13 and finally reached the radicals for it :+1:

one of the last vocab on level 12 for me was 祭日. just yesterday a friend added it to a collective vocab list. funny how fast a word can go from unknown to recognizable.

6 Likes

Got to level 15 after 22 days!

I was a bit lazy at level 14, not keeping up with my reviews and lessons as rigorously. I think I’m in a lull period in my life right now. However, I’m surprised whenever I read some Japanese subtitles lately how many characters I can recognize now!

Anyways, onwards we go :crabigator:

7 Likes

Level 9 :muscle: Almost halfway back to where I was

4 Likes

Level 41! Out of Hell and into Paradise!

I spent thirteen days on the last level. Got quite a bit done during that time. I translated four TJPW shows, three of which were in one week, which was pretty tough. I also read 64 pages of the book that New Japan Pro Wrestling made to teach Japanese speakers English, haha. And read in Spanish every day as well. I barely managed to complete a Minna no Nihongo lesson chapter, but I did get lesson 36 done in time!

5 Likes

Level 10, officially halfway there~ Excited to be finishing this sprint!

4 Likes