I was unable to find another topic discussing but it’s a few questions I have that I want to get some feedback from others to get an idea of my progress and how it compares to others.
This stuff would mostly be your best guess, no need for any exact numbers and some questions may not apply to everyone. You can also add any other info you think can be important.
• When completing lessons do you normally only do a small amount of at a time like 5-10 a day or do you push though the lessons and do as many as you can.
• Do you try to keep your apprentice queue at a certain amount? Such as 100 items.
• Is it uncommon for lessons to pile up for you, having 42+ lessons at any given time that you feel can’t take on until you lower your apprentice items first?
• How confident are you when the first review pops up after the 4-hour mark that you will get most of the lessons you learned correct without self-study quiz or other tools? What about the 8-hour review?
• Do you aim to do the first review same day, such as do the lessons in the morning and be ready for the first review in 4 hours or do you complete the lessons in the afternoon or night and do the first review sometime the next day (12 hours plus later)?
• Is there anything you do to help you remember, such as anki, self-study quiz, flash cards, etc. in between review periods. Do you do any these on the go with your cellphone?
• What is your wkstats accuracy for readings and meanings?
• Have you gotten an answer wrong but said “oh ya that’s the right answer I knew that” and used the ignore script or another script to still mark it as correct?
I mostly want to hear from those with faster level up times, but any input would be useful. I’m not collecting any data to make a graph or write an essay or anything silly like that, I just want to get some info from others on their wanikani experience.
My reading accuracy has dropped to 70%, and after a bad review last night I had many items, 20ish or so, drop from guru or higher back to apprentice. Which is always annoying. I seem to be going slower then most others who do daily reviews so curious why. I’ve stayed away from using the reorder script but some reason I feel that wanikani is not giving me vocab words or well most of them until I level.
A couple days ago I had about 20 lessons, I guru some kanjis that put me to the next level but then my lessons almost jump 100 items of vocab that seem to come from nowhere. So currently have lots of level 6 vocab even though I’m on level 7.
I would be grateful for anyone to share their experiences, tips about keeping a high accuracy or anything else really.