(Second time making one of these, hope it’ll stick lol). Name’s Lemmy (any pronouns) and this is where I’ll put my funny studying logs for anyone who likes to check it out. Warning that I do not know how to format things in this forum so this will not look pretty (other than art pieces I might add later).
Alright nerd why are you doing this
I’m a Japanese person who was never taught Japanese and never had the opportunity to connect to the culture in my country, as the Japanese community in my region had a very “assimilate” way of thinking, unlike other areas.
Ok cool do you have any resources or are you pulling this outta your ass?
My current resources are:
- Japanese classes: Every Saturday. Portuguese-Japanese so not sure how much I’ll be able to share with y’all about it LOL. We’re using the A1 Marugoto books currently.
- Wanikani: Pretty niche site, not sure if y’all ever heard of it.
- Elementary Japanese: Yes I have two textbooks. No, they’re not redundant I promise.
- A Basic Dictionary of Japanese Grammar: The title is self-explanatory.
What’s the schedule king?
Lol. Lmao. Rofl even.
- For Wanikani, I actually stayed like 4 months without doing lessons and just burning stuff and I’m still only level 9 with 600+ burns so whoops LOL. I plan on doing 15 lessons a day and whatever reviews there are for the day. It does not matter the size, I did a 300 item review like two days ago in 25 minutes I fear no god.
- Japanese classes, I’m just following the teacher right now. Do all my homework immediately because otherwise, I will forget about it. I was doing homework in advance at first because we were looking at katakana and hiragana and I was like “Lol this stuff easy” but now we reached grammar and I feel like a clown because I do not understand anything. So I’m not doing that anymore my ego is very fragile ok.
- Elementary Japanese, I did like a super big pause aka I got lazy and dropped it for 6 months but I’m back. I plan on doing one lesson per week and reviewing the lessons I already went through. I will probably need to redo all of them except the first one because my memory capabilities could fit into a Gameboy cart.
- Other: Idk I want to do reading/listening specific exercises in the future. I’ll put it here I guess.
Current progress (if I don’t update this you have permission to beat me up)
- Wanikani: Lv 10
- Elementary Japanese: Finishing lesson 2
What the hell is that creature on your banner
That’s a Pinnochio lizard they’re very funny you should google them out.
Ok thank u for reading this I’ll update more later.