Learning Japanese with Your Children

Hello!!
I am American and learned Japanese from Textfugu (back when that was a thing lol), Wanikani, EtoEto and Bunpro. I successfully taught my children from birth Japanese as well while living in America. I now have moved to Japan so they can start native Japanese school, which they are loving!

Anywho, if you are interested in methods on how to learn with your children. Check out my youtube channel: Chocolate Sushi Roll!!

If you want to see our adventures in Japan follow me on Instagram: Chocolate Sushi Roll

25 Likes

Wow that is pretty cool. I don’t have any kids but I do have nieces and nephews that might benefit from this.

1 Like

We listen to Japanese all the time.

I like that! I like your video! I’ve watched it to 9:24.

Play play play! I must train my facial expression not to be too grumpy when reading playing Japanese with my nephew. He once searched 骨 on my phone (my siri was in Japanese at that time). And that seemed to be his favourite search keyword.

I’m looking forward for your next video!

4 Likes

Oh that makes me so happy!! Yes, playing and learning is a happy time lol but if that is your face he might be used to it. Children just really love that one on one attention. So i want you both to be comfortable, so no fake smiles, just real enjoyment watching their little minds work.

My son loves that google home in Japanese lol
Great! Subscribe and catch the next videos.
Comment more on youtube. I’d love to hear about your language journey along the way

1 Like

Yes! Share with all the family members and friends! I would love if America became more bilingual. Thanks for checking it out

2 Likes

Oh this is great! I have two girls, 1 and 2. I’ve tried teaching the 2 year old some words but I don’t do it a lot since I feel like I have so much to learn.

I know you mentioned a few books in the video, but do you have a list of the books you used with your children? They both love books so I know they would dig that.

Liked and subbed, great video and looking forward to more.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! Yes you should get started with them and learn together! I learn a new grammar and then i add it to our routine. I use Shimajiro Kodomo Challenge with my children. The company is Benesse and it is described in detail in my textbooks for kids video. I cant say thank you enough for subbing and commenting. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oh kindred spirit, how glad I am to have found you.

Being able to speak Japanese with my (future) children is one of the goals that keeps me motivated to keep learning. It’s not something I usually share, because people think I’m nuts. But I wish I’d started learning another language much sooner in life. (I’ve actually found I’ve been much more inspired to study since making the decision to try to start expanding our family.)

I don’t have a YouTube account to subscribe. But I’ll certainly be back to watch more videos.

5 Likes

Yes, kindred spirits!!! I was not going to make a youtube channel but I am so glad I did… just to be able to meet and inspire people like you. I am so glad we found each other :slight_smile: it will build your motovation in a completely new way each time they speak a new Japanese word, i am overjoyed and want to pick up my textbook and learn more to give them. Thank you for supporting my youtube channel :smiley: I will keep the good content coming

Thank you all for the support. I really appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.