Kitsun same time as wanikani

I was thinking of you today. I saw a fox, in the city! It looked at me, then darted off into the brush.
It was pretty large, and in good shape. We had some bad flooding earlier this week, so it may have been displaced.

3 Likes

You already got very good feedback and advice from other people, i think. especially, taking care of your (future) self to not get burned out on too much workload or adding new learning methods like grammar and active vocab recalls in conversations or essays (aka your mother tongue > jap).

one core concept in wk is building up new / complex stuff from things you already know. that’s the idea behind these whole “radicals > kanji > vocabs” cycles.

so, if you pick additional vocabs aside of the wk canon that do not suite your level you will probably get yourself distracted from what you should learn during each level.

otherwise, if you can handle the additional workload then go for it. you will gain the benefits of learning the radicals and kanji first and make some experience in coming up with your own mnemonics.

It’s been a while, but I’m not sure if I was able to get the audio for the sentence while I was learning the vocab. I think I had to go through the vocab item first before I got access to the sentence card, when I would prefer switching back between the two.

1 Like

Hopefully it found its way back :heart:

Yeah, you’re correct. The audio for the sentence is only in the sentence card. It’s actually a good idea for the vocab card to also have the audio :slight_smile: @hinekidori I guess Neic would have to allow multiple audios? :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah it seems like an awesome deck otherwise. I like to look at the vocab meaning/reading first → then read the example sentence → play the sentence audio → and if need be read the other example sentences to get a better idea of the meaning.

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve been exploring the kitsun + wanikani combo, and it’s working quite well ( currently katakana 4.5K on kitsun + wanikani ). I’ve been wondering whether I should expand to common hiragana words/common words which are not in wanikani.

There are a few things which are not clear to me, all related to mixing multiple learning sources ( multiple decks, and wanikani ).

• can I filter out all WK vocab ? Is it what people mean by ‘hibernate’, ie I select the ‘WK’ tag, then hibernate ?
  • if I have multiple decks ( e.g. 4.5K katakana, 10K kitsun ), do words learnt on one deck appear as ‘known’ on the other ?

Thanks !

do an @jprspereira for your question, he might help you. I don’t use Kitsun lol.

Yes, you select all “WK” - tagged words and Hibernate to remove them from your pool of active cards.

And yes, a word marked as Known is a Known across Kitsun, not only for that deck.

If you need a screenshare or quick tutorial, happy to help over Discord (just drop your username here).

Thanks a lot, this is very clear.
This means I can safely start mixing multiple decks and wanikani without things getting confusing !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.