Kanjiroids: Space Invaders for Vocab, Kanji, Hiragana, Katakana

You’re welcome! : D

If I finish my Greek homework early enough I’ll check out the WK API features later tonight.

Speaking of, is it using v1 or v2 API? I don’t recall that being clear/specified when it popped up on my phone.

1 Like

It’s v1, and it does say in the popup in parentheses to be clear

Okay, apparently after a full day of work I can’t remember something 15-20 minutes later. This bodes well for my studies… ~_~;

Thanks.

Oh, if I could email you I could send you those older pictures with how much is being cut off on the phone.

1 Like

very nice one !

1 Like

Good stuff. Would be really nice if it flashed up the alternate readings and meaning of the ones you get right also - even just for a brief moment. There are ones I’m getting without really thinking about meaning.

Good effort. Bookmarked.

2 Likes

I would love for the WK link to be more manageable, like, a filter of what levels you want active. I want to feel solid in levels 1-3 and wish I could have only that kanji/vocab for studying and grinding.

I talk about this game basically daily to anyone who will listen. It’s still been such a great driving force for me.

3 Likes

^-^

2 Likes

Oh.

Where is my brain.

Seriously, where is my brain? I may have left it in-between the pages of a textbook or something. @_@

3 Likes

Wooo! Fantastic progress, this is amazing!!!

Just one thing, though - with the vocab version game, I’m getting compound words that are outside the right side of the screen (on the computer) and I can’t see the last kanji. For example, with 沖縄, I saw 沖 and the left radical of 縄 but not the whole kanji and therefore couldn’t guess correctly.

2 Likes

Also I noticed you implemented a “on track” function for the vocab with the white to yellow to green thing. I would never have thought of that but it made the game so, so, so much smoother and better. Nice job!

3 Likes

What operating system and browser are you using? The vocab should be oriented vertically - is that not what you’re seeing?

For example, it should be:

instead of

日本語

If they’re horizontal, then something is not working as I expected

1 Like

Oh! Huh. I’m using my work computer, so I’m using Internet Explorer (i knowwwwww…) and they are oriented horizontally.

2 Likes

Good to know, it looks like need to add some special configuration for IE to display vertical-right-to-left text correctly. Thanks!

1 Like

Condolences~ :wilted_flower:

Edit: they’ll think you’re so industrious when they hear your keyboard clacking!

2 Likes

I had to do some awkward workarounds, but the vocab should be oriented correctly on IE now. :blush:

@Omun I’m used to dealing with it, most of our clients at work are government agencies that are really slow to upgrade their browsers, so most projects I’ve worked on in my 4-year-long career have needed to support IE 9 lol

2 Likes

This is my absolute go-to for learning Katakana. It won’t stick anywhere else but here it’s like magic :woman_mage:

2 Likes

Thank you. Lots of fun, even for a snail like me.:snail:

1 Like

Little update - dark theme with a holiday twist!

Finally Kanjiroids is dressed up like one of the cool sites.

6 Likes

nice avatar … I didn’t even recognize you

1 Like

100th post! Celebrating my 100th game of KANJI-ROIDS! Emphasis on the ROIDS.

These are not the ROIDs you’re looking for.

THESE are the roids you’re looking for and I reported you to the police.

Ope. Police were in on it and now I am going down as a patsy.

That all happened so fast!

2 Likes