Kaniwani Major Update: 1.3.4!

Yesterday I used KW on my WP8.1 phone with the Edge browser and and noticed that the IME is ignoring the first letter. I remember that this issue was discussed somewhere. If I type “hyaku” the IME shows “やく”, for the correct “ひゃく” I need to type “hhyaku”. This happened with every word. It is manageable, but pretty annoying.

Hi,
I wonder if the SRS timing is the same as wanikani. It seems much faster to me. I gurued items within a day. And on the following day, I got to review them again. My user name is indistinguisher.
Thanks!

christiaaan said... Yesterday I used KW on my WP8.1 phone with the Edge browser and and noticed that the IME is ignoring the first letter. I remember that this issue was discussed somewhere. If I type "hyaku" the IME shows "やく", for the correct "ひゃく" I need to type "hhyaku". This happened with every word. It is manageable, but pretty annoying.
 Can you try the same input here on your phone, and let us know if you get the same issue?
http://wanakana.com/

Both work fine today. Strange. Next time I have a problem I’ll treat kanawana and give feedback if it occurs on both sites. 

Edit: The moment I changed the tab back to kaniwani, it was messed up again. Not for kanawana though.

I’ve tried unsuccessfully to reproduce the problem on a browser emulator with several Lumia models running 8.1 and IE.
Unfortunately, without an actual phone to test, this might be out of scope for me to fix since it seems to be inherent to wanakana.

https://github.com/WaniKani/WanaKana/issues/42

My deepest apologies, if there’s a japanese IME available for your phone maybe give that a go since it might not have the same input problem (and it’s good practice too).

An extra IME might be a good idea. I will see if I can get something that is convenient when it comes to change between romaji and kana. I think it is hard to reproduce, as the issue is not always there, but seems to have another variable that is unclear (to me at least). Thanks for the effort though, normally you get “don’t use a windows phone” as a reply for technical issues.

I’m getting this error upon attempting to load the webpage:

Tried it on another browser besides the one I’m on, so eliminated that. Is the site down?

I’ve been getting the same error today.

Also just wanted to stop in to say the site is so great! I just started using it yesterday and it’s really stretching my brain muscles.

Same issue, “502 bad Gateway”.

I’m guessing they’re working on something. I’ll check back in a few hours…

I also just tried to get on to kaniwani and experienced the same error. I assume the site must be down. 

Sorry all! We’re back up and running though.  A group of gerbils got into the server.

Awesome! Thanks again for the amazing service!

I get a Server Error (500) when I try to log into the server :frowning: I tried clearing my cache and cookies as well.

jazzyy said... I get a Server Error (500) when I try to log into the server :( I tried clearing my cache and cookies as well.
Still occurring now? 
Tadgh11 said...
jazzyy said... I get a Server Error (500) when I try to log into the server :( I tried clearing my cache and cookies as well.
Still occurring now? 
Unfortunately yes, at least for me. Since yesterday, I am unable to login (Server Error 500).

Apart from that, a great tool. Thanks a lot for your efforts!

Edit: Sometimes I got the message:

Forbidden (403)

CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.

I am also getting the 500 right now.

I get this message every time I load the site. I can still do review normally though.
http://imgur.com/2nCRqED

So in the spirit of adding more checks on data ingestion to prevent bugs, I introduced a bug. A fix was just pushed now.  Go ahead and give it a shot

I’m in now, looks wonderful. Thank you.

Tadgh11 said... So in the spirit of adding more checks on data ingestion to prevent bugs, I introduced a bug. A fix was just pushed now.  Go ahead and give it a shot
 Nice! That worked! Thanks a lot.