Just got my first burned item!

I started WaniKani, not even knowing if I would stick with it. Getting up to levels 6-8 I was taking more than a couple weeks to get through them. I’m not sure if lately I’ve been spending more time or what, but the past few levels I have finished in just over a week. I mean, just look at this image (from wkstats.com).

And now today I just got my very first burned item, with many more to come! SRS is very cool/interesting! I’ve actually been slightly worried about this day, mainly due to the fact that I feel like I will have forgotten many of the things, since it feels like it has been forever for some words/kanji. But the SRS method seems to reinforce it pretty well, because there was one that appeared that I knew instantly even though I had not seen it in such a long time. I will say that I’m not actively reading or anything, just every once in a while, so most of the words I have learned, I haven’t actually come across outside of WaniKani.

Right now I have over 1000 enlightened items. I know the last few levels have been taking 8-9 days for me, but that might slow down a bit if these enlightened items start to pile on top of my other items. Hope it won’t be too bad. Anyways, I don’t really have anything to say, I guess I just wanted to post about how far I’ve come, because I wasn’t even sure I would actually make it this long. Usually I try to do things like this and I give up or get bored. So if you’re a long time user of WaniKani, props to you, and if you’re a newer user, all I can say is keep it up, and don’t worry about if you are going slower or faster than I am. Everyone will go at their own pace, and I can’t wait to see when you reach the milestone I just reached. Signing up for WaniKani and reading that this takes 2 years, it sounds daunting, but here I am about 6 months later.

Thank you to anyone and everyone!
:tada: :confetti_ball: :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada: :confetti_ball:

22 Likes

congratulations :hugs:

Congratulations, that’s awesome!

おつかれさまでした! :tada::confetti_ball::sparkler::gift::sparkles:

1 Like

Congrats dude ! those burns must be stressful to do if you know that it’s, in fact a burn

You’re beautiful! Though your mother dresses you funny…:wink:

1 Like

Well done!
I also remember being super happy about my first burned items!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.