JLPT 2022 thread(Results out now!)

I checked the website and it says it varies from city to city, but it starts around August-September. I guess I was early :slight_smile:

1 Like

In Vienna, registrations for December started even before the July JLPT, in mid June, according to this poster at the July test!

Iā€™m waiting for the results from July and will probably register for December if I didnā€™t pass.
(I think N2 spots should be available for quite a while still. Might sell out a lot faster for N4 and N5)

3 Likes

They are doing staggered rollouts for registration this year, at least in some regions. Hereā€™s the US for instance:

4 Likes

I just got a mail that July results will be available from the 22nd of August (10am European time) on https://www.jlpt-overseas.jp/onlineresults/

They do like making us wait, huh :smiley: only 10 more days of anticipation :wink:

11 Likes

Its been a minute since Iā€™ve visited this discussionšŸ˜… iā€™ll be registering for the n4 exam next week, good luck to everyone this exam season!

6 Likes

I just signed up for N2 in Ann Arbor, Michigan, in December. Iā€™m partly over the moon with happiness because last year the site froze and I wasnā€™t able to sign up before all the seats were filled. But also now I am HORRIFIED because now I really have to do it!

Iā€™m think about taking one full-length mock test every few weeks until the exam. Anyone have any recommendations on their favourites of these?

9 Likes

Cool. Guess that should apply for most of Europe at the very least. I just want to know my results already. :rofl: I mean, regardless of what they are, I need to know what they are before I can make any relevant decisions.

3 Likes

I think I can take it. Considering how likely it is that I failed :joy:

3 Likes

Link doesnā€™t seem to work but maybe it will on the day. I almost donā€™t want to know my results :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m guessing theyā€™ll unlock the website on the day of the results.

Seems to be the case for the people who took the test in Japan too. I didnā€™t get an email but it says on the site the results will be available https://info.jees-jlpt.jp/

The longer the wait the more convinced I am that I failed :sob:

3 Likes

Reminder: registration for the December 2022 JLPT in Brazil ends on August 31st!

2 Likes

NA registration for N4 opens in 2 days. Iā€™ll be camping the site on Wednesdayā€¦!

3 Likes

Registered to take the N3 in December this morning! For some reason registration was open earlier than the time that was printed on the site.

3 Likes

At this point, Iā€™m wondering why I havenā€™t heard anything about the date that the results will be available in Franceā€¦ Maybe they just figured that they can tell us on the day itself since we canā€™t use the preliminary results for any official purpose and no amount of anticipation is going to make the results reach us sooner.

6 days till test results :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Wow, I had no idea how limited it was going to be this yearā€¦in less than 24 hours seats are already taken to no avail. US has only ~2300 5700+ seats this year total compared to 2019ā€™s had over 7,000+ applicants (~5,000 takers), so like a 25% no-show rate. Last year was ~15% no-show. They are seriously in the dark-ages too with no year-round testing centers and still w/ pencil sheets and still need a CD boombox.

7 Likes

This doesnt seem right. On their website they specify how many seats they have in all the places and its about 5750?

Which still probably is a downgrade taking into account those 7000 applicants in 2019 and the fact that 2020 and 2021 was severily limited, but not that bad.

Also all places for all levels even had free slots for at least first 30 minutes and there are still some places that have free slots for all levels if one really needs it for school or job (traveling costs are probably worth it in that case), even days after opening the registration.

1 Like

Oof, I threw it in a spreadsheet quickly and the empties didnā€™t calculate, that was dumb.

Nonetheless, the major cities have nothing from N1-N3, especially east coastā€¦this year is a wash, yet again.

1 Like

Haha that can happen, nevertheless it still sucks to lose a chance for a year just for being one day too late. Im clueless why US at least doesnt hold summer JLPT, that would make things much more bearable.

Austria (Vienna) usually had just December JLPT before covid, but this year they decided to also hold it in July which was pretty nice for me and shows that it is possible to adapt if you want to.

3 Likes