Japanese Sentence a Day Challenge

来年 doesn’t usually take に, as it’s not a specific time. Same with きのう、きょう、あした、etc.

旅行 trip
仕事 work
旅行仕事 trip work
出張 business trip

出張で日本に行きます
Going to Japan for a business trip.

Even if 旅行 was the word to use, like 修学旅行, it would be 旅行をする、旅行する、旅行に行く。
行く is not a transitive verb.

Using your own words, it could be something like this:
僕は来年仕事で日本に旅行します。
(I don’t like repeating particles if I can avoid it, since I don’t know if it’s always valid or not. Otherwise, you could even keep the 旅行に行きます at the end.)
Going on a trip to Japan for work.

また日本語勉強しています。
I figured you meant you’re studying Japanese again, not that you will study.

楽しい! is fine, it expresses your tone. But if you wanted to keep it polite like the rest of the message, I’d add です at the end.

1 Like

今日はあまり買わなくて、だから金をたくさん貯めました。
What I’m going for: Today I didn’t buy much, so I saved a lot of money.

1 Like

今日はあまり買わなくて、金をたくさん貯めました。
I didn’t buy much today, and I saved a lot of money.

The classic A->B.

今日はあまり買わなかったから、金をたくさん貯めました。
Since I didn’t buy much today, I saved a lot of money.

A so B.

金を貯める seems to be “to save money”, but like, over time, not in the “not spending” kind of way. “To accumulate money”, basically.

It seems like that could be 節約する, as in “economizing/saving”.

You could also go with 金を使わない, “to not spend money”.

1 Like

この家は各部屋にテレビがある

This house has a tv in every room

2 Likes

部屋に? :thinking:

1 Like

チョコレートとかを食べ過ぎたから、お腹が痛い!
このままじゃ、眠れないよ!:confounded:

1 Like

“I ate so much chocolate my stomach hurts! I can’t sleep like this y’know!”

I think is what you wrote!

As for my sentence: ウサギは一番可愛いな赤ちゃん有するです!
Trying to say: Rabbits have the cutest babies!

1 Like

Interesting way to phrase your sentence.

Maybe I haven’t paid enough attention since I haven’t heard 有する that much. It is transitive, though. I think you just typo’d the particle.

可愛い is also an い形容詞.

するです?

あの火星人は信用を出来なくていいと思います。だって、先日、私の誕生日会に来れなくてのらりくらり言ったけど、実際にただ買い出していた。

え?何が…

私に?あの人から?マジ⁈

とっても可愛い…ごめん。あの人は確かにいい宇宙人ね。

That Martian is not to be trusted. I mean, the other day, they nonchalantly said they couldn’t make it to my birthday party, but it turns out they were just out shopping.

Huh? What’s…

This is for me? From that person? Really?!

So cute… Sorry. I guess they’re a nice alien after all.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:
Yeah I have no excuse for that one my brain just glitched wwww
I meant 有すます

ahhh
I had just talked to my friend about Japanese sentences, used a phrase like 一番好きもの and they corrected me saying that there needed to be a な after the 好き
Now I haven’t studied the な particle much, so I just assumed than in any “一番「adjective」「object」” type sentence rather than realising 好き specifically was just a な adjective
So then I ran off, wanting to make a sentence using this format I thought I had learned (but obviously not just using word for word the example I had just used)

I understand now how it works though!
yay for learning through embarrasing mistakes :tada:

1 Like

Your sentences seem relatively advanced, but if you don’t mind some comments.

Summary

This is a noun that means “going shopping”, not a verb. :slight_smile:

If you do use 買い出す as in “to start purchasing” or “to purchase”, you’re not really saying what he purchased, just that “he was just purchasing”, which sounds weird.

買い物 is also usually used for shopping.

のらりくらり is an adverb that takes と, but I’m not very well versed in those.

:eyes::thinking:

3 Likes

… This does not give me confidence in what I wrote :sweat_smile:

Looking into it, it seems I was trying to use 有る(ある)doubled checked jisho, saw the first result which sounded right and went with that…

Would
ウサギは一番可愛い赤ちゃんがあります!
be closer?

1 Like

It would, though I don’t know how it works for animals having babies, since ウサギ are usually います or 飼っています. I would probably say it like that (あります), but I wouldn’t be super confident.

1 Like

Oh shoot. I think I meant to attach the する verb to that, but mixed myself up because of the tenses. I thought of 買い物 as the things being shopped for, so I was trying to remember what verb you’d use to refer to the action of shopping in that context, but it looks like 買い物 was just fine on its own after all… Oops. Thanks for pointing that out!

As for the other one… Yeah, I’m not an expert on those either, and I’m not aware of と being a particle you could easily drop even in casual speech, so I’m not sure what was going through my head there… Looking at it now, would putting a と to mark it as an adverb create confusion because of the verb it’s connected to being 言う? I don’t think「(来れなくて)のらりくらり」could realistically be interpreted as the thing being said, but even so… Guess I could’ve avoided that by just picking a word that didn’t take と in the first place, though.

Thanks for the corrections! :smiling_face:

1 Like

I hopefully today I don’t screw up! (Or if I do it will be in a new, interesting, and educational way!)

昨日は面白い甘いものを食べました。苦いのが好きじゃなかったです。

What I’m going for: I ate some interesting sweets. I didn’t like the bitter ones.

2 Likes

「もっと大声で叫んでからでないと誰も聞かないみたいよ」って、私以外のつもりで言ったです。私が聞くのは当然だから、そんな風に耳元で言うはずじゃないよね。

When I said, “If you don’t shout with a louder voice, it doesn’t look like anyone will hear you,” I meant besides me. It’s obvious that I can hear you, so you don’t need to say it into my ear like that.

1 Like

:thinking: did you miss an ん there?

1 Like

Whoops. I sure did! Thanks for pointing it out.

1 Like

その絵は、どれ虫の一種?…虫じゃなくて、子犬か?つみません…かわいい子犬ですね。いえ、本当!とってもかわいいよ!特別に異色、と思います…

What type of insect is that drawing? … It’s not an insect, but a puppy? I’m sorry… It’s a cute puppy. No, really! It’s so cute! It’s really… unique…

1 Like

どの虫?

:eyes:

Feels weird to have some stuff formal and other informal.

1 Like