Japanese horror films are hella scary!

I got a bit bored of watching Japanese TV dramas so decided to watch a Japanese horror film. I was recommended a film called Ju-on by a friend of mine. At first glance i thought it was just a cheap version of Western horrors like the Grudge and the Ring. Oh my god, that film scared the CRAP out of me! The film messed me up so bad that even as I am typing this thread I keep looking behind me even though I am aware it is just a film. Honestly, I was not expecting it to be so petrifying, the style of horror is sooo different to the west its shocking. :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

2 Likes

Actually the grudge and the ring were copying ju-on iirc, i know they were copying japanese horror films, but i think it was that one in particular

More than copying. Both the Ring and the Grudge are remakes of Japanese originals. (In fact, it seems the Grudge is the remake of Ju-on).

I totally agree with the OP, though. Japan gets almost nothing right when it comes to cinema - but they are very adept at making terrifying horrors. I sometimes read horror stories for kids as reading practice, and even those can be pretty scary.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.