It's been painful, what's death like?

Almost to the end of the painful level, its been painful. Does death mean release from pain? I hope so!

9 Likes

Gotta be honest, the title confused me for the briefest of moments :open_mouth:

15 Likes

No.
Death feels like dying ^^
Good luck.
(Well in my experience it’s gotten harder anyway. Might be different for you! Don’t let me discourage you or anything lol)

5 Likes

Death is less peaceful than you’d expect

10 Likes

ugh. I think half my mind is full of shyou’s and shu’s and tou’s. I fear I might run out of memory space.

8 Likes

If your lucky it’s like this

4 Likes

It depends, but I think for most people it will get tougher in the 20s. You’re finished with all of the easier and more common kanji like äșș、柶、and äș”, and you haven’t really started to get into a bunch of kanji that look similar, or any of the really complicated kanji that can tend to just look like a black blob when printed at smaller sizes. Also remember that you’ve probably filled up the queues with items by now and haven’t burned many - so all of that stuff is still in the system waiting to haunt you.

On the other hand, if you start really branching out into reading and studying grammar and other resources (which I recommend even if it means slowing down with WK lessons a bit), you’ll eventually get to the point where you’ll get some lessons in Wani Kani for vocabulary that you’ve already encountered elsewhere.

7 Likes

Maybe you need more RAM.

9 Likes

Ahh, I’m on the deathdoor as well! I kind of hoping that the satisfaction of mastering more difficult items would compensate for imminent suffering.

(I also just began with grammar and other vocab the other week, as pgoonghang was recommending, so at least I have variety, if nothing else. Oh, and memory reinforcement, of course).

Look on the bright side
 about a month after level 60 things start to get easier! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

it’s not death really, the name is wrong. death would mean darkness, the loss of consciousness, the end of pain.
it’s dying for 10 levels. the pain gets a bit more intense, too. 2.5 months to the gates of
 oh wait.

maybe stock up on morphine.

5 Likes

I look forward to that
 one day.

2 Likes

Can confirm, my 400 daily reviews plummeted to a mere 200! Hah!

5 Likes

Just got in. It’s not so bad
 so far.

Whatever Painful was, Death is Worse, and Hell was Grim.

In comparison to Hell, Death wasn’t so bad. So what I’m saying is, it doesn’t get any easier.

3 Likes

Painful is a happy place for what awaits you.

Not saying that you won’t be ready, but it would be harder

2 Likes

Doesn’t feel very different to be honest.

The hell is where the pain starts.

1 Like

what the gentlemen above are saying is, it’s not so bad. it’s like a dagger between the ribs that gets driven in deeper every step, but no worries. it won’t reach the heart until lvl 44. all good. :slight_smile:

4 Likes