Is there a bug with 広がる?

I started my lessons, and was weirded out by 広がる, a vocabulary that is from level 5, that has a kanji I already burned. I couldn’t find any posts regarding addition of new vocabulary, so I ended up checking the kanji 広 on WaniKani, and 広がる doesn’t appear there. In short, I’m confused.

5 Likes

I literally just unlocked the same one! Maybe it’s just been added?

4 Likes

Yeah, I suddenly have a single lesson. I’d say it was just added.

12 Likes

It likely means it just recently went live and they didn’t make a new content update post yet.

4 Likes

Woo, more items!

8 Likes

I just got done doing a review session. Then I find a lesson waiting for me. I’m not supposed to having new lessons until tomorrow at 21h00, when I Guru my Kanji. Maybe a new item?

2 Likes

Well, with sentences like

新しいコロナウイルスが広がって、今年の夏は家にいる時間が長くなりそうです。

or

新しいコロナウイルスが広がらないように、店を閉めたり、イベントを中止したりする「自粛」が続いています。

all around us, it’s quite natural they’ve added this verb…

12 Likes

I also got this item just today and I am only at lvl 10:)

1 Like

It’s been placed at level 5, that’s why it became immediately available.

3 Likes

I may be wrong, but I thought that vocab was already available before?

2 Likes

Perhaps you’re thinking of 広い? Or 拡がる?

5 Likes

Same, just saw it too. I was a bit confused and searched the content updates, but couldn’t find anything about it.

1 Like

You mean to say, “Woo, more item!”

7 Likes

No, I must be wrong then. I must’ve learned that vocab by myself somewhere else and now I’m mistakingly attributing it to WK.

2 Likes

Corona special!

8 Likes

I thought it was level 15 vocabulary

1 Like

Here it is! The official announcement.

8 Likes

Same here. There is also 拡がる from lesson 33. Same meaning, same pronunciation.

The lesson 広がる wont’t go away!

You mean it stays in your queue after you do the lesson? What about other lessons? I don’t think anyone was saying they couldn’t complete the lesson originally. They just wondered why it appeared.

1 Like

No sorry: the review won’t go away. It is always there, even after I finish it succesfully