I'm a bit overwhelmed

There’s no need to force yourself to do more lessons at one time than you feel capable of remembering. I certainly don’t recommend doing all your lessons on one day, unless you particularly want to. There’s no benefit to doing this, really, unless you really want to. Even I f you’re trying to maintain a fast levelling speed, you still only need to do a maximum of around 20 lessons per day.

If you’re keen to keep levelling regularly, you can take the approach that many people do and use a script like [Userscript] WaniKani Lesson Filter which will allow you to filter your lessons so that you do your radical and kanji lessons upon levelling up and then spread the vocabulary lessons over the next three of four days, at which point you’ll hopefully guru your kanji and radicals and unlock new vocab and kanji, at which point you do the same thing again :slight_smile:

The key with that technique is never leaving your vocab lessons to rot. Doing the radicals and kanji first is perfectly fine, so long as you follow through with the vocab :slight_smile:

Ultimately, the experience of wanikani is one of working out a routine for yourself and working out what works for you. Some people like doing levels in 7 days, some like doing them in 14, and some even like to go even slower, to make sure they always keep their Apprentice item count very low. You’ll work out what suits you in time ^^

Also, since this is your first post…

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}

welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already.

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you, like:

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List!
The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

I hope your Japanese learning journey goes well and that you enjoy your time with us on the forums.

6 Likes