How much have you read in Japanese?

Apparently not. :laughing:

I’m taking a Japanese class over the summer, so I’ve been reading assignments and the like. I’ve gotten a bit faster at my reading overtime.

Sorry, I know my poll wasn’t very comprehensive. It was more to give an idea of variety in terms of length and content.

Well you never know… and I didn’t qualify what type of book… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No, you’re good. It’s just amazing to see how many different ways reading can be applied in daily life. I was just making sure I wasn’t mucking it up with something that didn’t necessarily fit within parameters what you’re intending.

Dang it, I knew I should’ve read the picture books in the children’s section at the library…:grin:

Come on, if that counts, it means I have read more than 20 books last week… :rofl:

If you’ve read that many you ought to get some credit for it!

I have a habit of leaving things unfinished. Even though I’m halfway through 3 different light novels and probably have close to 150 hours combined in the 4 VNs I’m currently in the middle of…I haven’t actually finished any of them so that’s a big 0 for me for both. Hopefully that changes over the next few months though.

Also, maybe it’s too late now but it might have been nice to have a games played poll for games that wouldn’t be classified as VNs but have enough text that a substantial amount of time is spent reading.

Such as every JRPG ever. @seanblue can still make an extra poll (new post) and link it in the OP.
That would be 3 for me: Dragon quest IX, FF tactics, Gensou Suikoden

Stuff I’ve read not included in polls:

  1. Instruction manuals (stereo, テレビデオ、rice cooker, mother-machine manual that I tried to translate into French :cry:)

  2. Buddhist prayers

  3. Assorted school admin stuff

  4. Recipes / cooking instructions on packaged food

Oh! True! And business/work related stuff in general. Especially emails.

What kind of machine is that?

A machine that makes parts for other machines, a.k.a. milling machine. Sorry, I forgot that “mother machine” is Japanese English :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

lol
Thanks for clearing that up; for a little bit there I was afraid my occupation was going to be made obsolete!

How many videogames (excluding visual novels) have you played in Japanese? Only include games with a lot of text or dialogue.

  • 0
  • 1
  • 2-3
  • 4-5
  • 6-10
  • 11-15
  • 16-20
  • 21-30
  • 31-40
  • 41-50
  • 51+

0 voters

Woah, I totally forgot to keep my stats up-to-date here! Sailed from 0 books straight to the 2-3 category :wink:

Oh! I also changed category!

I finally reached the 51+ books category! :tada:
Boi, that was a wild year…

I just updated my vote too. Went from 2-3 manga to 41-50 manga and from 1 book to 4-5 books.