How many people have made it to level 60 .. level 30... and so on?

Oooh, sweet.

Thanks for grabbing that. : D
Seems like there are nearly 100 level 60s now. And the last graph had level 14 as the last high point before the dropoff… now it seems to begin at level 10/11. With an interesting little spike at 20. Neat!

I guess someone could multiply? that with the stated assumption that the overall WK population is similar to that to get a graph that estimates the total WK user population.

Or use the forums.

Or maybe that’s something @viet and company. Could easily figure out or even just already know / be able to look at and state? I’d love to know this and related data.

1 Like

Yeah, I think this is something WaniKani could/should provide. That way it could include accurate data of people whose subscriptions have lapsed. Even if it’s a one-time blog post or a monthly/quarterly update, it would be great to know that information.

That’s a very peculiar, and rather sharp drop for lvl 4. Now I know these things happen in statistics, but it’s still very noticeable O_o

One could say “It’s because it’s free up to lvl 3”, but the numbers go way up on lvl 5 again to almost the same level as before, so it’s still kind of weird.

You have to account for the fact that some of the level 3 spike is people who are actually higher levels whose subscriptions lapsed, so imagine some of the level 3 spike being distributed through the rest of the curve, and the stretch of 3 to 4 to 5 to 6 becomes much smoother.

1 Like

Oh! I didn’t know your level was “reset” (so to speak) if you allowed your subscription to lapse. That explains it then :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks!