How many hours on WaniKani

こんにちはみんなさん、

I was wondering if it is possible to see how many hours one has spend on wanikani. Is there a way to see it?

Cheers,
Nikolas ・ニコラス

1 Like

If you use scripts, you can install the Wanikani Heatmap script which shows you your total time studied in the lower right corner.

3 Likes

I’d be interested in seeing how the time spent is calculated.
According to WK Heatmap I’ve spent 1021 hours.
According to WK History I’ve spent 394 hours.
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

3 Likes

There is also the WK history website, where you can see a large variety of data, including your total time spend doing reviews.

3 Likes

I can’t speak for heatmap, but in WK History it’s calculated by looking at the time between consecutive reviews and summing those while excluding the ones where the time is larger than a given threshold. In WK History you can choose that threshold (30s, 1m (default I think), 2m, …).

The problem is that the reviews were only starting to be logged maybe around 2018 (not that sure). Maybe the heatmap script projects your time spent to before but I haven’t implemented such a thing in WK History yet. Maybe I should do that though :thinking: So the time shown there is just the time spent since some time around 2018.

3 Likes

Same for the Heatmap, though the default value for the Heatmap is 10 minutes. You can change this value in the general tab of the settings.

I believe it’s July 2017? I forget, but I was around when it happened :slight_smile: I don’t do any projection, though

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.