Hide Blockers

I sure wish someone would make a script that would put the blockers at the end of the lessons. I love the Lesson Order script that brings the blockers to the front of the line, but sometimes I want more time before I try to level up. I would rather work on the current level’s vocabulary than start on another set of radicals and kanji.

Anyone? Someone?

What are blockers?

They are what prevents you from leveling up. That is, radicals and kanji.  Vocabulary lessons have no effect on leveling up.

I don’t see what the problem is.

Just do them until you level up but don’t do the lessons you unlocked for the level until you’re ready.

I want to be able to do the vocabulary only without the next level of kanji and radicals.

Epicwhale said... I don't see what the problem is.

Just do them until you level up but don't do the lessons you unlocked for the level until you're ready.
Generally, kanji for a given level come in two batches. You get the first batch when you reach a new level and the second batch after you guru the new radicals for that level. If you're like me, then you tend to guru all of that second batch in one review to level up. Now, you can't get the vocab for those kanji unless you do the new lessons and thus unlock the new radicals and kanji.

Exactly. So I want a script that will put all the radicals and kanji after the vocabulary of the previous level. That give me more time to concentrate on that level, rather than have to think about a new set of kanji.

I bet it would be really easy to modify the existing script to reverse the sort order.

I should think so…now to find a willing programmer…

I think this would do it.  All I did was modify the part that moves the radicals and kanji, 
to just move the vocab items instead.

[edit: removed code]

lol, formatting fail

Also you’d want to give it a new name, description, and version of course

Doesn’t the script need line breaks?

gth99 said... Also you'd want to give it a new name, description, and version of course
 I think he's more of looking for someone to do the work for him :)

ha ha, just speculating of course.

Personally I'm content with everything the way it is and really only use the timeline script to help plan the day.

I am not a programmer. I am also a she. I would be happy to trade copy editing for programming :slight_smile:

sglinert said... I am not a programmer. I am also a she. I would be happy to trade copy editing for programming :)
 すいません, I can bum my way through coding in actionscript and C++ but that's it. 

Alright alright, I’ll do it!  Hang on…

Who currently has lessons pending, and wants to be a guinea pig?

Well, here’s a link to a script that I think will do what you’re looking for.

But, this thing has not been tested, so use it at your own risk!

Let me know if it works or if there are any problems.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/407987

gth99 said... Who currently has lessons pending, and wants to be a guinea pig?
 If you would of asked me yesterday when I had 105 lessons pending....

Ha ha I have no lessons or reviews currently