Gratitude - An Ode to the Wonderful Durtles

What if you could write only one post in Wanikani forum and yet change the entire style of learning on Wanikani, inspire generations of durtles to make major improvements to their study plans and have a resounding impact on thousands of users?

I can think of only one person - THE IRREPRESSIBLE @jprspereira

Pereira san’s Level 60 post titled “My Journey of 368 days (+ The Ultimate Guide for WK open_book )” is probably the most quoted, most read and most visited post on Wanikani. Every single person who posts a welcome message to new durtles (think Kumirei, Joeni, Young Adam etc.) or every time someone posts “I don’t know how to use WK” - the number one suggestion is “Read jprspereira’s guide”. It is hard to measure the exact impact of one post, but I am willing to bet an arm or two to confidently say that this single post levelled up the skills of Wanikani users by a notch or two. It is not an individual improvement, it is a systemic improvement. Just through the impact of this single post, Pereira san easily enters WaniKani Big 3.

I took quite a few relevant parts from your plan and added it to my plans after tweaking them. Pereira san, I thank you on the behalf of all the durtles that have been positively impacted by your post. For the outstanding impact you had on this community, I bestow upon you the title of Phenom Durtle

17 Likes