Genki I study group [home thread]

great! Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Ahh August 2020 is so far away to wait for the newest edition of Genki II :scream:

No one used the chapter 7 thread, and I see that some may be taking a break… should I make a new thread, pause for now, or…?

• make the chapter 8 thread, we will use it
  • pause for a bit
  • something else (comment)

0 voters

Congratulations to @Gerandpa for finishing all 12 chapters before anyone else!!! :tada::tada::tada: you deserve a prize or something lol, most of us are way behind you.

edit: I just realized this announcement is a month after they finished, oops…

3 Likes

lol thank you! I was a bit ahead when this thing started so I was able to get through it more quickly. I wish I could say Genki II was going as well…really fell off the train after going on vacation a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

How do you handle the vocabulary in each chapter?
I tried to learn all the vocab before starting the chapter using the GENKI iOS app. But the app is just not good, it’s even missing some vocabulary. I like the fact that it has voice lines and a picture for every word.

I’ve been using the Kitsun.io “Genki Complete Vocabulary” deck each day. Helps a lot!

(Just noticed you can find the link in the very first post by Jelly)

4 Likes

ありがとうございます、
I’ll have a look at it.

Is there a thread for Genki II?

I use Quizlet and Anki to memorize vocab. Great thing is that other people already made the decks so you don’t have to input them yourself if you don’t want to!

There isn’t a Genki II thread with this study group, but there might be older threads out there from past study groups. I’m currently working through Genki II on my own, so I’d be happy to discuss something with you if you need it!

I would love to! I’m currently finishing up chapter 14. I will be moving on to chapter 15 tomorrow.

I am going to be starting Chapter 18 this week. What would your preferred method of communication be?

Text Messaging or by phone is fine

I don’t think there’s a way to direct message here on WK, do you have a skype or discord and then we can exchange further contact details?

Hi Guy’s. I Joined a Genki study group on discord. It’s great - helped me a lot already.
Here is the link: Discord

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.