[Forum] 日本語 Search Issues

It might be that, however it might require the old thread have new replies - in which case all the archived stuff (especially from the Japanese Only section) will not be searchable internally.

Also the archived しりとり thread does not seem to show up upon search. So yes, non-edited ones do not seem to show up.

Dang it! I went back to the Sentence Challenge Thread and the first post was edited post-migration. So it could require either or both of those conditions, @viet.

A) Initial post edited post-migration
B) Replies post-migration
C) Both of the above

Yeah I think I have a good idea what happened. Will be able to confirm it tomorrow. Should be an easy fix. Just want to be absolutely sure my hypothesis is correct before I bother the Discourse team some more :wink:

Awesome!

(And… About that job…?)

Nice! Good luck with the fix. I wanna search 字体, engage in a bit of self-indulgence! :wink:

Welp, I’m late to this party, but looks like you got this (mostly) figured out. I wait with bated breath for the results.

Figured out the issue concerning pre-migration posts containing CJK not showing up in search results when queried with CJK. We didn’t have the CJK tokenize feature set when we imported the old posts.

The DB will get re-indexed within the next day and those post should be searchable with CJK.

2 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks for the quick fix! Overall the migration seemed to go pretty smooth. (At least on our end.) Thanks for your hard work.

Looks like it is working yay

Fantastic. Looking good!

Looks like this issue is solved. I am going to set the topic to auto close.

Yep!
I can confirm that it’s totally working! I tried searching for 助けて and got expected results (and a few I didn’t expect but we’re fun to see…).

ありがとうございました❕

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.