Thank you very much!
congrats! level 10 is coming closer…
Hey,
I’ve got a dumb question:
Now that I’ve reached level 4 and become a paid member on Wanikani
At what point did your last few Kanji unlock? T.T because I have guru’d almost everything and I still have a lot of Kanji waiting to be unlocked so I can’t progress to level 4.
Is it because there is that one radical that isn’t guru yet? if that’s the case how annoying!
Have a feeling this is an issue with WaniKani, there’s other people having the same issue: No new unlocks.
Ok thank you, I was unsure because of this:
“Full access to content beyond level 3”
However when I went to subscribe it said:
Thank you for checking out the subscription options. We have noticed you are currently below level 4. To allow you to get a feel of our service we have opened the first 3 levels. We recommend to take advantage of these free levels before committing your hard earned cash to the Crabigator.
Which clearly means I should be able to get to level 4 before subscribing, ah how annoying
.
No está mal ![]()
121 lessons?
![]()
Hey ! This looks great (leaderboard picture below)
I’m impressed ! Look at that. especially @Razvycs is going crazy speed, and also @Ruchian. Everyone is increasing levels, congrats to everyone.
To be honest, I was disappointed by the leaderboard script, I thought it wasn’t working at all (it never updates). So I manually refreshed it (picture below), and it did not only update, but also gave me a notification on those who have leveled up. So guys @karakuja , @redring, @xaiviax , @sun3et , @Misaterry, if you did not know this either, then now you know that you can get updated information from the leaderboard by manually refreshing it !
![]()
Also ! Because of my previous disappointment, I did not add newcomers in the thread to the leaderboard. Now that I discovered this, I will make sure to add everyone ![]()
It is nice to see that there are so many new and motivated people around here. Most of us probably for different reasons but that does not really matter and what connects us is the passion we share for the language we learn.
I just reached the end of my free trial and because I was as motivated as on the first days I joined wanikani I had no other choice but to subscribe. Now I am hooked up for a 1 year deal. No excuses to slack around. See you at the top of the mountain, or at least on the way to it since it is still a very long way to go and the hardest part lies still ahead of us. ![]()
I’m also really impressed. I remember that @Ruchian seemed kinda demotivated in the beginning but seeing him achieving level 5 in such a short time is really cool.
And @Razvycs that ****** went right past me, I have to hurry and retake my place haha.
Just so everyone knows, I have been looking at your progress nearly every day.
Lets git gud everyone, don’t give up.
And also thanks @leonardo-jp , this small project of yours was really a good idea.
Heya guys, thank you very much for the encouragement
I was not demotivated in the beginning, it’s just that…I’m a dreamer. I’m very hyped up with this project and I would love to read mangas and Japanese mediums start from the beginning. But it seems Japanese it’s not that easy to dive in like other languages. But I still enjoy the process.
I will slow down the leveling now, as I’ve “acquired” some debt with the vocabulary. I want to take all of them to 0 and only afterwards I’ll go forward. Meanwhile, I decided to immerse myself full in. I’ve created a new youtube account and everything there is in Japanese. Even tough I din’t understand very much, it’s quite funny and also my goal for the moment ia to get used with listening, to get use to hear words…dunno how to explain, but I’ve noticed that it’s very hard to distinguish when the words are ending, if you know what I mean. Everyday, on my way to work I’m listening a Japanese podcast with slow speaking SakuraTips . I don’t know her, I’ve found about herself from a Tofugu article, but I really want to encourage you to give it a try. She has few subscribers, but she’s posting a 4-5 minutes podcast every each day.
Jump Comics also I enjoy this channel as well - is basically animated manga slides…it’s quite funny if you’re loving manga.
I try mybest to get into grammar, but I’m kinda slaking off. I’ve just started a new job, in a new domain - which means that I’m basically studying everyday at work too
but I’ll get there.
Hope everyone’s doing well ![]()
I’ve been refreshing mine about once a day as well and I love getting to see people leveling up! Congrats and nice work to everyone who has so far, and to the rest, keep at it!
I also added my own username to my leaderboard so I can see at a glance where I stack up. I didn’t know it when I created my username, but the leading underscore puts me at the top of the list for my level, as a little confidence booster
![]()
I’ll see you all at Level 10!
Quick question…this is me trying to get a reason to not feel guilty because I’m slacking off with the vocabulary on WaniKani, but you guys are always up to date with it?
私も入ってもいいですか?
Can I enter as well?
I did not know that I can add my own username to it.
Thanks for the info!
I have 44 vocab lessons in my queue and didn’t do any lessons yesterday
and I’m supposed to guru more kanji today
you’re definitely not alone!
No, it would be way too hard.
I always do my reviews and try to set them to zero, but I am not doing lessons always as they appear.
As I have read so far, this is apparently the best method and it is important to do reviews everyday.
Here you can see my reviews, I have usually do between 50 and 150 every day (never had more than 200).
In contrary you can see that I do not do lessons everyday:
How many lessons I do depends on the amount of stuff I have to do outside of WaniKani.
I don’t have enough time to go full speed, because I am currently writing my bachelor thesis. But once I have more time I will propably not go faster than appoximately 20 a day.
Sure, I added you to my list.
Feel free to add me too.
What script os that? ![]()






