Feature Request: Radical Combination section for radicals that are made of other radicals

I love the “Radical Combination” section on kanji pages that shows you which radicals the kanji is made of.

However, why don’t we have the same thing on radical pages when they are made up of multiple radicals? It mentions them in the description but there is no visual aid, and there are no links to the smaller radicals.

For instance, the grain radical is made of the tree radical and the slide radical so it should have a section that looks something like:

Radical Combination
木 + ノ

This helps learn the new “super-radical” by seeing which “sub-radicals” it’s made of and you can click on them to go to the sub-radical pages.

Similarly, on the sub-radical pages, there is a “Found In Kanji” section, but now we should also have a “Found In Radicals” section, or add the super-radicals to the existing section and rename it “Found In Kanji and Radicals”. Then you can see how the smaller radicals fit into bigger radicals.

Thanks!
-Ongakun

17 Likes

Seconded! I love this idea :eyes:

2 Likes

@Mods, might be worth a consideration?

2 Likes

Hi there! Thanks for your patience while we looked into this. I think it’s a great idea and one that we may want to add in the future. I will bring it up with the team and see if this is something we can/would like to do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.