Drop your level up chart here 📈

slow and unsteady :face_in_clouds:

22 Likes

Hey, but you made it and that is what matters most! :wink:

Congrats!

2 Likes

Keep it up, mate! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m always in awe of these clean runs that keep low day counts all the way to the end. Amazing stuff!

2 Likes

Wow, that looks clean!

I myself had to have some “breaks” (not learning any new items for a time) to get my head straight, so I can’t help but look in awe at this consistency. Congrats! :star_struck:

1 Like

Here it is xD

Slowest level 1 in the history.

7 Likes

Don’t judge, level 十九 was really challenging :frowning:

7 Likes

i originally started not long after wanikani began, in 2013, but health issues got in the way and i restarted a year ago this past july. so nothing to worry about a few bumps along the way lol

8 Likes

Here is mine:

As you can see, in the beginning I very much took an approach like: “Just do new lessons whenever you feel like it.” But I did reviews every day xD

Around level 9 I felt like this is just not cutting it, I don’t make enogh progress, so I started to do at least 4-5 new lessons per day, and divide the additional reviews this creates up into two review blocks. One in the morning, one in the midday.

I’m still taking it very slow, but at least I am making steady progress and I probably won’t get burned out x’D I mean, it’s not like I couldn’t probably handle remembering stuff at a faster pace, it’s more like I am so careful because of the plethora of “burnout” threads I read here, with people having over 200 reviews regularily, and I’m like: “What?! 200 reviews every day? Are you nuts?!” I could never handle that, so I like to keep them between 50-70.

5 Likes

Consistency? What’s that? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

It all fell apart in the 20s :smiling_face_with_tear:

5 Likes

I reset recently so that’s why I’m a bit faster right now. Usually it takes me around 10 - 20 days for a level, or longer if I got a lot of other stuff to do. Also college hit real hard at level 4 lol

3 Likes

I didn’t do WaniKani immediately after I’ve found it.

6 Likes

4 Likes

It’s a shame a level is considered “started” when kanjis of the previous level are guru’d and not the vocab, it doesn’t actually represent the time spent on the level itself and all its items. Anyway, I feel I get to be faster and faster as levels go up which is … great ? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I got 2 spikes in there, but I think I’m on pace to maintain 14 day levels until 60. (And of course the other user levels 61-80 to fill in the missing useful kanji Wanikani refuses to add)

5 Likes

Can anyone top 2922 days on level 3? :sunglasses: Yeah, didn’t think so :nail_care:

5 Likes

I am very slow now, one month to lvl up.

In part due to N2 in bunpro and also I have additional 40min immersion outside WK and BP, so I dont feel bad about taking slow anymore.

WK cannot be the sole tool for learning

9 Likes

Just a beginning. :smiley:

2 Likes

Quite consistently on my own pace. 10 Lessons per day (might skip some off days in a month) and all reviews once per day (60-120 on avg.).

3 Likes