Drop your level up chart here ๐Ÿ“ˆ

slow and unsteady :face_in_clouds:

16 Likes

Hey, but you made it and that is what matters most! :wink:

Congrats!

2 Likes

Keep it up, mate! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iโ€™m always in awe of these clean runs that keep low day counts all the way to the end. Amazing stuff!

2 Likes

Wow, that looks clean!

I myself had to have some โ€œbreaksโ€ (not learning any new items for a time) to get my head straight, so I canโ€™t help but look in awe at this consistency. Congrats! :star_struck:

1 Like

Here it is xD

Slowest level 1 in the history.

6 Likes

Donโ€™t judge, level ๅไน was really challenging :frowning:

5 Likes

i originally started not long after wanikani began, in 2013, but health issues got in the way and i restarted a year ago this past july. so nothing to worry about a few bumps along the way lol

6 Likes

Here is mine:

As you can see, in the beginning I very much took an approach like: โ€œJust do new lessons whenever you feel like it.โ€ But I did reviews every day xD

Around level 9 I felt like this is just not cutting it, I donโ€™t make enogh progress, so I started to do at least 4-5 new lessons per day, and divide the additional reviews this creates up into two review blocks. One in the morning, one in the midday.

Iโ€™m still taking it very slow, but at least I am making steady progress and I probably wonโ€™t get burned out xโ€™D I mean, itโ€™s not like I couldnโ€™t probably handle remembering stuff at a faster pace, itโ€™s more like I am so careful because of the plethora of โ€œburnoutโ€ threads I read here, with people having over 200 reviews regularily, and Iโ€™m like: โ€œWhat?! 200 reviews every day? Are you nuts?!โ€ I could never handle that, so I like to keep them between 50-70.

3 Likes

Consistency? Whatโ€™s that? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It all fell apart in the 20s :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

I reset recently so thatโ€™s why Iโ€™m a bit faster right now. Usually it takes me around 10 - 20 days for a level, or longer if I got a lot of other stuff to do. Also college hit real hard at level 4 lol

2 Likes

I didnโ€™t do WaniKani immediately after Iโ€™ve found it.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Itโ€™s a shame a level is considered โ€œstartedโ€ when kanjis of the previous level are guruโ€™d and not the vocab, it doesnโ€™t actually represent the time spent on the level itself and all its items. Anyway, I feel I get to be faster and faster as levels go up which is โ€ฆ great ? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I got 2 spikes in there, but I think Iโ€™m on pace to maintain 14 day levels until 60. (And of course the other user levels 61-80 to fill in the missing useful kanji Wanikani refuses to add)

4 Likes

Can anyone top 2922 days on level 3? :sunglasses: Yeah, didnโ€™t think so :nail_care:

5 Likes

I am very slow now, one month to lvl up.

In part due to N2 in bunpro and also I have additional 40min immersion outside WK and BP, so I dont feel bad about taking slow anymore.

WK cannot be the sole tool for learning

8 Likes

Just a beginning. :smiley:

2 Likes

Quite consistently on my own pace. 10 Lessons per day (might skip some off days in a month) and all reviews once per day (60-120 on avg.).

3 Likes