DEPRECATED TOPIC: English - Japanese vocabulary recall tool: KaniWani

Dude, this site is awesome! The perfect compliment to Wanikani. I’ve just got to level 4 but I was beginning to think, how can I practice recalling the vocab without any hints from the kanji and this is exactly what I needed. Had 200+ reviews on my first log in though, so I might have to finish them off another time haha.

Thanks

I just found out about this. So great!! Im surprised Wanikani itself doesnt have features like these already implemented.
I wish there was at least a little guessing game in Wanikani that is always available so that there’s never “nothing to do” based on what you have learned. Not sure how that would affect the balance of learning, but I at least enjoyed doing drag and drop games repeatedly for Kana in some website and that helped a lot!

Hey, first I want to thank you for this useful and highly productive learning tool. It’s a great complement to the wanikani routine.

After giving the right (or wrong) answer your app shows both the spelling in hiragana and the corresponding Kanji. I would like to ask if it’s possible to add the stroke order for the Kanji? At the moment I give my answer as hiragana in the applications interface and write the Kanji on paper. If I’m struggling with the stroke order I have to look it up in my dictionary. Don’t know how complicated the integration of this feature would be, but this little modification would ease my learning routine a lot.

I hope question didn’t came up too often in the preceding 400+ posts.

Thanks again. Jan.

If I could lock a topic, I would. This one has grown too large, so i made a new post: Kaniwani Major Update: 1.3.4!

1 Like

Just a side question, is KaniWani independant from Wanikani? Can I use it without interference between the two? Also, is there a ios app? Sorry if these are dumb questions.

Cheers.

N

Maybe link it in the OP?

It is not independent from WaniKani. It uses your API key from WaniKani to access what kanji/vocabulary you’ve learned so far. You can use KaniWani without interfering with WaniKani. That is, if you get lessons wrong on KW, it won’t affect the status/level of that lesson on WK. I’m on iOS as well and I haven’t seen any apps, third party or otherwise, that you can use KaniWani on, but I may be wrong.

@haafuG thanks for answering the above.

No third party apps as of yet - though we might expose the API in the next version so people could make some if they wanted.

Also once again for whoever comes here next →
Please direct any questions via Kaniwani contact page, our Slack channel, or the active thread Kaniwani Major Update: 1.3.4!

1 Like

I was just curious about how the synching works. Like how long should it take to synch. I’ve gone through all the lessons for the vocab for level 6 but I’m still only on level 5 in Kaniwani.

Seriously, read the post above yours, please, for contact information.

1 Like

B l e s s y o u

cool! i gotta check it out later.

Hi. I’m not sure of this is the right place for kaniwani bugs, but here goes.

I noticed that there is two “Triangle” and both requiers a different answer.
Other “triangle” is 三角 and the other “triangle” is 三角形, but there is no indication which one is the right answer for which “triangle”, it just reads “triangle” on both of them.

It isn’t (that’s the meaning of deprecated).
This thread should be the right one: Kaniwani Major Update: 1.3.4! - #1008 by maxibloba

Ok. Thank you.

This topic is about to close in favor of Kaniwani Major Update: 1.3.4!

would love to but for the life of me cant figure out how to delete a post.

The easiest way is to post here until the thread reaches 10,000 posts; then it will be closed.

2 Likes