Darkmode for WaniKani?

Hello,

I was just wondering if there is any way to use wanikani in a dark theme?
I usually do wanikani words in the evening before going to sleep, but it is rather annoying to get your eyes burned like that a short time before one considers to sleep.

So, is there like an update planned, or maybe a chrome addon tu use wanikani in darkmode?
My browser is already set to darkmode, but not all sites are compatible with that it seems…

I’d prefer a built-in solution by wanikani itself, without using addons/userscripts. But if theres no other way ill probably have to try it out…

thanks, have a great day.

6 Likes

I think most of us that like dark colours use this theme by @valeth

While I’m here, since this is yuor first post…

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}

welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already.

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you, like:

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resource List
The New and Improved List of API and Third-Party Apps

I hope your Japanese learning journey goes well and that you enjoy your time with us on the forums.

9 Likes

As of yet wanikani itself doesn’t support dark mode, only 3rd party styles. we don’t know if that update is planned, sometimes the staff integrate a particularly popular 3rd party app into the vanilla service, but most 3rd party apps that are very good are still hosted externally. Afaik there hasn’t been any problems with scripts,and most users use some. Just make sure they only have permissions to wanikani and you get it from here, and it should be right : )
In the API and third party apps that @Joeni listed there are other options for themes if that one doesn’t suit your tastes. I’m not sure about mobile apps, though there probably is a button for dark mode in there and on Samsung at least I’ve noticed some apps have started responding to when you turn on night mode, so check that out too : )

Welcome to the forums! : D

1 Like

There is Breeze Dark recommended by @Joeni. And if you don’t like it there is also

3 Likes

Thank your fo the warm welcome! :slight_smile:
And also for the great tips. Ill read through these posts to find what suits me best in learning japanese :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.