Custom Board Extension (only Chrome for now)

Custom Board Extension

Description

This is pretty useless, but I originally made it for people who only wanted to read on-topic (non-campfire) threads. Instead, I made a fully customizable front page community chat thing.

Download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7djh6cz50g4oew/Custom%20Board%20Extension.crx
Drag the file into your Chrome extensions page

Features

• Exclude boards you don't want to read from
  • Change the number of threads you can see at one time

Images

oh…thank you.

just what we needed-

oh. chrome. (´;ω;`)

Any chance you could make one for us FireFox users as well?

Tarsen said... oh..thank you.

just what we needed-

oh. chrome. (´;ω;`)
 ditto
Serenial said... Any chance you could make one for us FireFox users as well?
 I'll probably do that. I didn't realize all the forum users were using FireFox.
nqthqn said...
 well we USED to use chrome but then it started being crap D:
Tarsen said...
nqthqn said...
For me, Chrome seems more developer friendly, or atleast I'm more use to using Chrome's tools (Although the recent change to the Sources tab is kind of annoying). As a browser, it works fine. I'm not sure what you mean by it started being crap.
nqthqn said...
Tarsen said...
nqthqn said...
For me, Chrome seems more developer friendly, or atleast I'm more use to using Chrome's tools (Although the recent change to the Sources tab is kind of annoying). As a browser, it works fine. I'm not sure what you mean by it started being crap.
 oh dont worry, its not actually chromes fault. for about 2 weeks before i quit chrome adblockpro starting going haywire and making everything a nightmare- but i didnt want to remove it since...you know, ads. (although, there seemed to be MORE ads than there should have been from just turning it off) so in the meantime i intended to switch to firefox and use their adblockplus (which works perfectly) untill chrome's got fixed only now i dont want to switch back cuz i cant be bothered

( ̄ー ̄)

Tarsen said...
nqthqn said...
Tarsen said...
nqthqn said...
 oh dont worry, its not actually chromes fault. for about 2 weeks before i quit chrome adblockpro starting going haywire and making everything a nightmare- but i didnt want to remove it since...you know, ads. (although, there seemed to be MORE ads than there should have been from just turning it off) so in the meantime i intended to switch to firefox and use their adblockplus (which works perfectly) untill chrome's got fixed only now i dont want to switch back cuz i cant be bothered

( ̄ー ̄)

Haha, I've never used adblockplus. I've always used AdBlock because it was "optimized" for Chrome. AdBlock still works if you ever feel the need to switch back (not that I'm some sort of Chrome lobbyist).

What are you talking about? @Tarsen: Are you sure it’s not just something getting messed up? Because my AdBlock Plus on Chrome works like a charm. Never ever had problems with Chrome (except don’t try to go over 120 Tabs with a lot of HTML5/JS/Flash content…). But FF pissed me off, when I wanted to install a few Plugins and it got slow as hell.
Well, I don’t care about what browsers you guys use. This plugin might be pretty useful. Thanks for making it!

minecrawlerx said... What are you talking about? @Tarsen: Are you sure it's not just something getting messed up? Because my AdBlock Plus on Chrome works like a charm. Never ever had problems with Chrome (except don't try to go over 120 Tabs with a lot of HTML5/JS/Flash content...). But FF pissed me off, when I wanted to install a few Plugins and it got slow as hell.
Well, I don't care about what browsers you guys use. This plugin might be pretty useful. Thanks for making it!
 its a problem that was confirmed by adblockplus themselves. but yeah, it doesnt hit everyone, and even they didnt seem to know what caused it for some people but not for others, and why a solution would work for some but not for others.

maybe its fixed now, maybe it isnt...doesnt really matter, i cant be bothered to check anytime soon.
minecrawlerx said... What are you talking about? @Tarsen: Are you sure it's not just something getting messed up? Because my AdBlock Plus on Chrome works like a charm. Never ever had problems with Chrome (except don't try to go over 120 Tabs with a lot of HTML5/JS/Flash content...). But FF pissed me off, when I wanted to install a few Plugins and it got slow as hell.
Well, I don't care about what browsers you guys use. This plugin might be pretty useful. Thanks for making it!
ditto. tks OP, I'll give it a try. 

Thanks, it’s really helpful! :smiley: