Currently Free Kindle Books on Amazon Japan

Not all, you can use this link to search for free light novels.

Found this when having a look through the above link!
Holmes of Kyoto Volume 1 Volume 2 Volume 3

5 Likes

Not Amazon or kindle, but the first 50 (!) chapters of Space Brothers (宇宙兄弟) are available to read for free online now:

It’s a great manga, so don’t miss out on this.

1 Like

The first free volumes are free on Amazon, so I would assume that’s those chapters.

Anyway, A Silent Voice Volume 1 is free at the moment!
It’s been a bit since something on my wishlist has been free!

4 Likes

キノの旅 (Comic) Volume 1 Volume 2

4 Likes

Thank you for this thread! :blush:

I’d never heard of キノの旅, but a manga about a girl and her (talking?!) bike… Downloaded!
Her bike looks kind of like mine :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

There was also previously a book club, but I believe that was for the novels while this sale is for the manga.

2 Likes

Oh thank you for the heads up! That will definitely be helpful once I’m good enough to start reading intermediate club picks! (I’m still at a manga or kids book level for now :blush:)

4 Likes

The first five volumes of Silver Diamond are currently free on Amazon Japan:
Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 3, Vol 4, Vol 5

This series holds a special place in my heart; it’s the one that got me learning Japanese! Quick summary from Amazon:
“Rakan, an orphan with no knowledge of his past, meets Chigusa, a mysterious man who tells him he is a Sanome, someone who can control how plants grow, as they battle against assassins and monsters from another world.”

The manga’s got a great sense of humor with a plot that slowly builds into a very satisfying conclusion. The mangaka’s the same as the one who wrote 氷の魔物の物語, for any who’ve read that.

1 Like

Thanks for that great tip! I used to have the Skybooks app for public property book titles in Japanese, but they stopped updating the app (as far as I can tell).

Moar free books for a limited time:

Attack on Titan, vols 1-3: vol 1, vol 2, vol 3

Princess Jellyfish, vols 1-3: vol 1, vol 2, vol 3

One of the Ascendance of a Bookworm books, I believe. I’m not sure if it’s the manga/LN, but here you go: link

Knights of Sidonia, vol 1-3: vol 1, vol 2, vol 3

It looks like a good chunk of the Crayon Shin-chan manga is on sale for ¥30 apiece as well; here’s a link to the first volume for those interested. You can find the rest of the books by scrolling down the page a bit.

7 Likes

Thanks! I just got the Princess Jellyfish volumes from that bunch!

1 Like

Been a while, but more free manga has popped up on my radar.

Fire Force, vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
Shaman King, vol 1, vol 2
Shaman King: The Super Star, vol 1
Sweetness and Lightning, vol 1, vol 2
Boarding School Juliet, vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
Devil’s Line, vol 1, vol 2
Parasyte, vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
To Your Eternity, vol 1
Sakura Wars, vol 1
Air Gear Unlimited, vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
Nodame Cantabile, vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
Osen, vol 1, vol 2, vol 3

6 Likes

Limited time, July 19th for volumes 2-5 and through September for volume 1, but several Fruits Basket volumes are free. Can join along in the book club :wink:

vol 1, vol 2, vol 3, vol 4, vol 5

9 Likes

One more that popped up today:

Yozakura Quartet: vol 1, vol 2

3 Likes

Thank you, all of you, for the links!

1 Like

First two volumes of 徒然チルドレン are free on Amazon right now.

1 Like

First three volumes of 甘々と稲妻 are free right now.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B075GWC7ZB

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

Regarding Amazon free kindle books, do you know if they are like a purchase or someday they will vanish from your Kindle when you synchronize?

I am almost certain that I watched all of the anime episodes of 甘々と稲妻 but I cannot remember much… I just have this vague feeling I loved it. I wonder if this is a sign I’m getting too old…

Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve only read the manga, and definitely loved it. Been meaning to watch the anime. Basic plot summary, to jog your memory: widowed father teams up with lonely mother-is-always-at-work teenager to cook meals for his young daughter.

1 Like