Currently Free Kindle Books on Amazon Japan

I’m unable to do a proper post update but Alita Battle Angel Volume 1 is free.

EDIT: Updated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FAIRY TAIL 100 YEARS QUEST Volume 1
EDENS ZERO Volume 1 Volume 2
FAIRY TAIL CITY HERO Volume 1
異世界魔王と召喚少女の奴隷魔術 Volume 1 Volume 2

1 Like

11/02/2020 Update: removed some titles that are no longer free, nothing new of interest added that I can see.

4 Likes

Oh man, I read Ghost Hunt volume 1 in Year 7 at the school library and was captivated on the basis the main character shared my name. It’s incredible how many franchises start with the main character breaking something.

ゴーストハントVolume 1 | Volume 2 | Volume 3

3 Likes

Holy nostalgia! Orphen is free, and some other stuff too!

魔術士オーフェン 無謀編 第1巻 魔術士オーフェン Volume One
魔術士オーフェンはぐれ旅 キエサルヒマの終端 Volume One
魔術士オーフェンはぐれ旅 新装版1 Volume One
魔術士オーフェンしゃべる無謀編1 Volume One
本好きの下剋上~司書になるためには手段を選んでいられません~第一部

4 Likes

Happy Friday!
I feel like something on my Amazon wishlist is always free!

亜人ちゃんは語りたい Volume 1

Also
蒼天の拳 リジェネシス Volume 1
東京ミュウミュウ なかよし60周年記念版
蒼天の拳 Volume 1

5 Likes

Can’t say no to Tokyo Mew Mew~ One of my favorite childhood shojos. :smiley:

2 Likes

Happy Friday!

君の膵臓をたべたい : 上
つぐもも Volume 1 Volume 2 Volume 3 Volume 4 Volume 5
小林さんちのメイドラゴン : 1

3 Likes

The first five volumes of 氷の魔物の物語 are also ¥0 for a short time!
Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 3, Volume 4, Volume 5

I highly, highly recommend the series, as it’s one of my favorites. Fantasy, light BL, good humor and a well-plotted story. Give it a try! (I actually have only seen vol 1-3 for ¥0 before; snagged up 4 & 5 in a heartbeat.)

It looks like the first six volumes of 海の綺士団 are also (temporarily) free. I can’t remember why I have these on my wish list :thinking:, but more free manga!
Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 3, Volume 4, Volume 5, Volume 6

4 Likes

Thanks @eefara!

Happy Monday!
SHAMAN KING Volume 1

5 Likes

宇宙兄弟 (Space Brothers) 1-3 for free! Not sure if this is a new or limited promo, but it may be related to this recent tweet about chapters 1-50 being free to read (on comic days):

Kindle versions:
宇宙兄弟 Volume 1
宇宙兄弟 Volume 2
宇宙兄弟 Volume 3

Related, the all color version of Volume 1 seems pretty cheap right now at ï¿¥32: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00OJRLZ86/

1 Like

Silly question: are all these “books” manga? Sorry if this has been asked before but many of the earliest links are for comics and I would rather not have to click each one just to be disappointed.
Thanks

A lot are, but not all of them. For example DanMachi was free a while ago, and it’s a light novel. If you want to non-manga freebies and don’t mind the extra steps, when something is free on Kindle it’s often free on BookWalker as well. You can sort BookWalker freebies by medium (i.e. light novel) and check to see if they’re also free on Kindle.

3 Likes

Not all, you can use this link to search for free light novels.

Found this when having a look through the above link!
Holmes of Kyoto Volume 1 Volume 2 Volume 3

5 Likes

Not Amazon or kindle, but the first 50 (!) chapters of Space Brothers (宇宙兄弟) are available to read for free online now:

It’s a great manga, so don’t miss out on this.

1 Like

The first free volumes are free on Amazon, so I would assume that’s those chapters.

Anyway, A Silent Voice Volume 1 is free at the moment!
It’s been a bit since something on my wishlist has been free!

4 Likes

キノの旅 (Comic) Volume 1 Volume 2

4 Likes

Thank you for this thread! :blush:

I’d never heard of キノの旅, but a manga about a girl and her (talking?!) bike… Downloaded!
Her bike looks kind of like mine :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

There was also previously a book club, but I believe that was for the novels while this sale is for the manga.

2 Likes

Oh thank you for the heads up! That will definitely be helpful once I’m good enough to start reading intermediate club picks! (I’m still at a manga or kids book level for now :blush:)

4 Likes