Created the account months ago, but only now started to use it

I created the account in 2017, but did 0 lessons and 0 reviews. I started this week for the first time – is this going to affect my levelling up speed?

Obviously if I check my average levelling up speed, it is abismal 'cause I’ve been technically stuck at the same level for months.

Not at all! You simply level up when you’re ready for it. Crack into those lessons and you’ll be progressing in no time.

Had you been at a higher level then it might have taken longer to get through your lessons but at just level two it will be no dramas.

Considering you didn’t do any lessons or reviews prior, no it won’t hinder or affect you at all ^^

And as far as checking your average leveling speed, if you check your stats at https://www.wkstats.com/ and look at your level duration graph, you can click on a level to exclude it from your stats in order to get a more accurate average time/level for future reference

1 Like

Hey, Cesare! :sparkles:

Here’s a list you may want to go through since you signed up quite a while ago.

1. The WaniKani FAQ which gives you the 101 on
    a) Before You Join
    b) Common First-Level Problems
    c) The Basics
    d) Learning Method
    e) Account
    f) Sect Names Other :durtle_officer:

2. The WaniKani Guide (…also known as “how I learned to learn ~2,000 kanji.”)

3. The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List! which is a long and thorough list of Japanese resources that the community has worked hard to gather together and is consistently being updated.

4. The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps that enhances your learning experience with WaniKani.

See you around! If you have any questions, just ask. We don’t bite much. :sparkles:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.