Confused About Japanese Fonts

I installed the third-party app to liven up the font selections during WaniKani reviews, but I seem to alternate between normal, and bold, and that’s it. Does anyone know how I can convince my Windows PC / Google Chrome to display some exciting Serif fonts, something that looks confusingly hand-drawn, etc., so I can really challenge myself?

1 Like

Did you install the fonts?

Do you mean Jitai? It supports several fonts, but not all of them. However, you can add the name of your fonts to the script so it knows where to find them. If you installed fonts that are supported by default (such as Armed Banana), then you don’t have to do anything, it should work out-of-the-box.

No, I did nothing but install the third-party app (Jitai). But I can see (say, in Excel or Word) that I have fonts like Kozuka Mincho Pro, which are sans serif. But they don’t show up in WaniKani. Clearly, there’s a lot I don’t know, including whether I need to convince Chrome to display fonts I already have, or if I have to get more web-based fonts installed, neither of which I know how to do!

See the script’s thread for instructions

3 Likes

That’s wonderful, thank you. I’ll get right on it!

1 Like

And it’s working like a charm. Lots of interesting characters now! Fingers crossed I can read them :wink:

Thanks again,

Ash

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.