Coming back to WK after 10 months

So I took a 10 month hiatus from WaniKani and Japanese in general. It started with a vacation, followed by Thanksgiving break, followed by Christmas break, etc. etc.

Now I’m itching to get back into it again, and I’m amazed at how effective WaniKani is. After 10 months of absolutely no Japanese whatsoever, I was able to pick up on items level 10 and below almost instantly. (Levels 11-17 are proving a little more difficult, but I’ll get through them relatively quick I imagine.)

Another really cool thing is all of my User Scripts still work.

Has anybody else had similar experiences coming back to WK after a break?

1 Like

Not exactly similar but comes close.
After taking time off from WK for few months, I studied Japanese on my own, hella lot.
Esp, the Kanji.
Then coming back onto WK just a day or two before, and everything’s a walk in the park now.

I’m planning to take a 10 month break soon… but I’m spending it in Japan so I’m hoping that I can come back from that and have things click into place I currently have about a 1000 review backlog because of things I forgot when I couldn’t work a lot on this because of school…
I hope my break doesn’t sabotage me :stuck_out_tongue:

Sweet! Hope you have a good trip. I bet you’ll come back with mad Japanese language skills.

1 Like

oh man that theme song gets me every time

I’m now pensively staring out the window thinking about simpler times…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.