Children’s book Recs for n5 level?

I’m just starting to learn Japanese I’ve been at it seriously for about a year now and I’m wondering if anyone has any recommendations for children’s books to learn grammar or sentence structure my vocabulary is quite good and I’m on lvl 15 WK but I struggle with particles and tense
(I’m using a textbook and duolingo too)
I have bookwalker app but don’t know what to look for
Thankyou for any help you can offer x

4 Likes

As far as children books はらぺこあおむし (the hungry catterpillar) is a good one I think which is quite short as well. I dont own it but わたしはちいさいの? also seems fairly managable and is categorized as a children’s book. Both can be found on Amazon USA for about $10. Also searching these should bring up some more Japanese childrens books in the recommendations

4 Likes

Thankyou so much x I will search them :sparkling_heart::sparkles:

1 Like

I highly recommend どうすればいいのかな?
It helps explain the main verbs for putting on clothes (since they are all different)!

2 Likes

That sound useful! Thankyou x :cherry_blossom::sparkles:

1 Like

You can check Absolute Begginners Book Club:

The previous picks included easy manga and books for 2 graders, and the discussion in threads was full of N5/N4 and sometimes N3 grammar.

4 Likes

Thankyou!!! I found bunpro so hopefully that will help with my grammar too, I’m trying to learn on my own so I’m probably not very efficient :sweat_smile:

Also, I’d recommend Grade 0 readers on

1 Like

That’s so helpful Thankyou so much :star2::star2::star2: I’m a little behind on my reviews so once I’m done I’ll dig in :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You could look at this. Like many books for children, the simpler the book the less kanji, sometimes that actually makes the book harder for non natives! This one has no kanji but looks approachable. Potentially a future book club read.

1 Like

Thankyou! That’s true, harder to figure out the context at least of the phonetics x thanks for the suggestion I hope I can keep going and advance :sob:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.