Can recommend Crystal Hunter manga for absolute absolute beginners

Hey, just a shout out to other <N5 beginers out there looking to get into reading. I was unable to follow an absolute beginners book recommendation, mea culpa - nothing reflected on that recommendation.

I’ve just finished the first volume of crystal hunters manga (along with the natural japanese edition). I found it an excellent first step into japanese reading.

yeah, check it out https://crystalhuntersmanga.com/

I’m starting volume two now.

11 Likes

FYI they are releasing volume 4 in a month or so

2 Likes

That looks pretty awesome! Big thanks for sharing :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

すごい!!!

I just started doing immersion, and I can say that this seems much easier to read than よつばと!

Thanks for sharing, really appreciate it! :nerd_face:

@Omun I found another great manga good for beginners!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Niiiice :muscle: Having enjoyable stuff at the right level to read can be so motivating. Let me know if you end up enjoying it @MillenionPH ^^

And thank you for sharing your find with everyone, @jrmr50

4 Likes

What is the difference between Japanese and Natural Japanese? I couldn’t find an explanation on their site.

1 Like

I didn’t see much of an explanation on the Japanese, but it does say somewhere versions are available in “simple and natural German.”

So from that I’d assume there is a simplified language version and a “natural Japanese” version that is written as a fully native work would be written.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Well, thank you for the recommendation! I got book one in natural Japanese and have read the first two chapters. It is indeed very well suited for absolute beginners. It’s quite enjoyable after overwhelming myself with texts way above my skill level.

3 Likes

Is there anywhere you can buy this digitally other than Amazon? (Or the other option listed on the website which is an Amazon owned company?)

I’m boycotting Amazon you see.

2 Likes

try firing an email over to crystalhuntersmanga@gmail.com - they’re a really friendly bunch & responsive to enquiries

1 Like

yeah the natural version has no furigana, more kanji, katakana, more slang, non-beginner grammar. It’s a step up in difficulty (but not a massive one)

2 Likes