Can i stream when im doing my reviews?

Basically what the title says. I want to know if I can stream when Im doing my work? Im a small streamer but sometimes I dont get my reviews done because of it so I thought to myself “self it would be great if I could start my stream doing my reviews sometimes” . So here I am asking mainly because I dont want to break any rules.

2 Likes

Best shoot them an email at hello@wanikani.com and ask. They are very nice and welcoming.

1 Like

If you’re asking for an official answer then it’s probably better to send them an email at hello@wanikani.com. I don’t see why they would be against it though, it’s publicity for them.

1 Like

Thank you both for your replies

2 Likes

Kinda related? I’m only here because I watched Justin Searls do a ton of reviews. So, as a free marketing thing, it worked.

6 Likes

That’s actually interesting to watch. The fact that he does it without scripts is a plus

3 Likes

You’d also want to make sure it fits under the terms of service of whatever streaming service you use. For example, Twitch explicitly does not allow language learning.

https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/2176641-creative-faq

3 Likes

thank you for this Wanikani has no problem but II just contacted twitch and waiting for a reply.

1 Like

It only doesn’t allow it under Creative, since that’s for art. You should be able to do it under IRL or something.

1 Like

IRL requires a high level of direct interaction with viewers. I suppose if it became a group tutoring session or QA, it could conceivably fit under the guidelines, but it would be skirting the edge.

1 Like

I’ve seen some communities that are for language learning, but I’m not sure which category you’d do it under. I’d be curious to see what Twitch says if they reply.

I did some quick Googling around, to see what other people are saying about language learning streams on Twitch, and the only place I see people mentioning streaming through is IRL on Twitch. That might be the best spot for it right now.

At the very least, there are other places to stream from, like YT, if Twitch says no.

1 Like

Thanks still waiting for a reply.

Did you ever get your reply?

well you’re not teaching, the interaction requirement would be odd :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.