Book/Manga Thread (What are you reading?)

OMG another!! Fistbumps

Oathbringer is probably going to come out in November-December.

1 Like

Anyone who thinks they don’t like classics should read The Count of Monte Cristo. I read mostly recently published books, but The Count of Monte Cristo is my favourite book nonetheless. It’s so good that I reread it every year.

1 Like

雨过天晴 Ame nocchi hare

My favourite gender-bender manga, which surprisingly is not ecchi.

1 Like

Interesting. I’ll have to keep that book in mind next time I actually will be free enough to read for pleasure.

I did not know this, and I’m am currently going through waves of goosebumps due to excitement. Holy hell I’m so hyped for this.

I need the paperback UK Gollancz cover for my collection, though :eyes:

I am so ready. I am beyond ready.

I’m currently reading 食戟のソーマ

I’m quite fond of the art. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s such a ridiculous manga but I love it so.

How anyone’s clothing could rip off due to the deliciousness of any food is beyond me, but damn if it ain’t entertaining.

Haha I know!

Side note : Did I use the right kanji? It doesn’t look right to me but the IME didn’t get me any other options. It doesn’t help the font is a bit difficult to read for me.

Pretty sure it’s supposed to be 食戟のソーマ
劇 means play (as in theatre play) right?

1 Like

Yes, that’s the kanji I wanted!! But it didn’t pop up while I was typing. I’ll just copy/paste yours xD

Edit : Thank you!

Edit 2 : yes, you were correct that the one I used meant ‘play’. Again, not the one I wanted but it essentially “auto-corrected” (or I guess auto-replaced) me when I typed げき. No options, just changed to that instantly. shrug

1 Like

Dang IME, tryin’ to undermine all that learnin’ you did.

1 Like

For manga, I’m currently reading through 桜Trick volume 7 and お友達からはじめましょう volume 1.

For novels, I was working my way through しずるさんと偏屈な死者たち and マリア様がみてる―いばらの森. Life got in the way though, and I haven’t found the time to pick either back up.

I really need to read American Gods. It’s been on my reading list forever but I’ve never gotten around to getting myself a copy.

Reading through The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles in both English and Japanese right now though (reading the Japanese version w/ a Japanese person since my kanji is definitely not good enough to read that on my own though).

1 Like

Not really reading much in English right now, but just started the Japanese light novel of ハンドシェイカー. Don’t really know what to read next, kinda thinking the second volume of Danmachi.

Please tell me that you’ve seen the anime

Of Danmachi? Yeah, saw it last summer. Good show.

I used to read lots of self-improvement and psychological genres in the past year. (In English, though; and my native language isn’t English.) Now, I mostly stopped the reading, just to focus with Japanese. I am doing AnkiDroid a lot, which takes a lot of my time.

I usually don’t watch many Anime or Manga in the past year anymore. I feel that I would take a lot of my precious time. (I still read lots of Dojinshi, though.)

If my skill is up to a level, I might consider novel rather than manga.

Nonono, of Hand Shakers, haha