BishBashBosh: Cram Apprentice 1 items and recent failures

tentatively, it seems to be working again…? touches all the wood within reach

2 Likes

I just tried out BBB, but after answering eight questions, it started to repeat all the same questions again, even though I answered them perfectly. Is there any way to get it to stop asking you questions once you get them right?

It cycles through each item twice, as explained in OP.

1 Like

Not sure if the OP is still around, but why was this done? Is there a way to change it?

@timh

Nah - OP hasn’t even posted for over half a year, and hasn’t even been signed in for almost 4 months

2 Likes

They visited the forums as recently as March

1 Like

It’s because the tool is mainly to drill things you might have trouble remembering. There’s no way to change it

3 Likes

The BishBashBosh+ userscript has been updated to support “one and done” mode.

You can find the link above or search for it.

2 Likes

(tried to @ you but couldn’t figure out what character you’re using!)

Link is here: [Userscript] BishBashBosh+ - Extending BishBashBosh with new review types

1 Like

Just to provide some context for the why at least, the whole point of this program is to let you cram items, so the assumption is that you want to review them multiple times in a short span.

2 Likes

I wonder if OP would care if I took his code and improved it (bug fixes) and rehosted it. I’ve been looking for a tool like this and I’ve even been contemplating building one until I found this. It’s a fantastic tool and I hate to see it go out of active development. Putting this out on github would be best for everyone and it would only take a minute. Please OP? :pray:

2 Likes

Pretty sure this “app” is all client-side. It is possible to rip it off the site and re-host it, as I considered doing for BishBashBosh+ as working around the way it was coded was difficult and tedious. That said, technically OP holds a de facto trademark on their work here, and re-hosting it while it yet stands without permission is tantamount to theft. I don’t think OP is going to sue anyone who does, practically speaking, but I didn’t re-host it out of respect of their trademark and instead worked on a user script.

2 Likes

OP hasn’t been active here since March.

I would appreciate if something very similar to this could be actively hosted, as I am concerned this will become inoperable once WK stops using the Apprentice/Guru/etc. names for their levels.

1 Like

I’ll probably pull down the elements of BishBashBosh and see if I can get it working on my own host considering the API changes. I have a suspicion it would break.

When is WK making those changes? I can’t seem to find anything about it.

Here

1 Like

Thanks! I looked at the .js file and it appears the script is already using v2 of the api so I’m not sure we need to worry about things breaking from that aspect.

I was more concerned about this:

But it doesn’t use anything that’s going to disappear. I thought it was using srs_stages, but it wasn’t using the endpoint, it was filtering based on the srs_stage number, which is staying.

2 Likes

I thought is was using stage names, but if it’s numbers, that’s great news - thanks for letting me/us know about that. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi timh,

Do you mind if I fork the code? I like the idea of Bish Bash Bosh, but there’s some tweaks to the algorithm and the UI that I’d like to make. Are you interested in putting Bish Bash Bosh under an open source license?

Edit: Looks like your last post was almost a year ago, so guess I’m probably not getting a response here. Oh well.