Best Firefox plugin?

Recently Yomichan got updated and it stopped working properly for me. What hover-your-cursor-over-kanji-to-get-info add-ons people recommend these days?

I miss Rikaichan. :frowning_face:

Rikaichan is still working for me? Same for Yomichan?

1 Like

Yomichan should still work, but you have to accept some permissions explicitly. I had a prompt and it took me to a screen where I had to accept some permissions.

See? Works like a charm :thinking:

2 Likes

It works but not like a charm. You used to be able to see the stroke order after clicking on the kanji. Now it works only maybe 50% of the time.

So yeah, it worked really well and now it kind of works. It’s especially irritating because some times it shows the stroke order and sometimes not. Like, if it didn’t work at all, then I’d just forget about the feature, but now it’s still kind of there but broken from time to time.

Huh, I thought Firefox stopped supporting Rikaichan a few years ago. Is it back? That’s nice.

1 Like

On Chrome Yomichan stopped working with the shift hot key for me. It’s very frustrating. I emailed the dev right away

2 Likes

I had a similar issue with Yomichan in chrome, I had to uninstall and reinstall three times for it to start working again, but it is working again.

1 Like

I also thought Rikaichan was gone some time ago. I use Rikaichamp…

3 Likes

Also used rikaichamp for the longest time and never had any issues.

1 Like

I’ll give Rikaichamp a try. It also has much more user reviews than Yomichan, which is interesting.

1 Like

Thank you! I reinstalled and now it’s working again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.